Born in Kansas City. He majored in Industrial Design at the University of Kansas, with an emphasis in user centered design and philosophy. His career represents the integration of these two distinct themes of his training.
In 2004, he finished his five year degree program and moved to Los Angeles, CA. Costantini Design, provided an opportunity to develop high end consumer and contract furniture for clients throughout the world. As an early design member of this new organization there were many opportunities to experiment and help shape the future direction of this furniture manufacturer. A move to Chicago, IL and a design position at Sears Holdings has represented challenges of a different sort. With 3900+ stores in Sears and Kmart the experiences with this retailer brought him new understandings at the mass merchant side.
He is well experienced in both the retail and manufacturing sides of both small and large design organizations.
In 2012, he joined the apparel division of Sears Roebuck as a buyer in order to diversify and pursue an interest in clothing. This pathway and introduction to a new arsenal of tools for product and assortment development rounds out his experiences and allows for the melding of creative and analytical interests.
Specialties: Product design, development and management specializing in Furniture, home decor, and apparel.
Furniture Designs for Costantini Design Buenos Aires Argentina
Bent Plywood Lighting
Lighting Design for Kmart
Associate Buyer, Men's Apparel
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Sep 2012 - Present (1 year 3 months)
Men's active and workwear product development and merchandising.
Responsible for strategic assortment and vendor development, direct import and domestic sourcing, product development, and full profit and loss accountability for a $81 million sears mens apparel business at 800 Sears store.
• Oversee the design process, determination of consumer wants/needs, competitor analysis, pricing structure, initial design creation and signoff, vendor handoff, and sample approval throughout product development cycle.
• Proven market leadership by growing market share and profit YoY
• Create marketing plans encompassing TV, radio, print catalogs, weekly print advertising, social media, and Sears.com
• Management of financial plan and strategy.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Feb 2008 - Sep 2012 (4 years 7 months)
Design and manage a team of outdoor living designers for Sears and Kmart retail stores and online.
- Costantini Design
- Apr 2006 - Sep 2007 (1 year 5 months)
Furniture from exotic woods / simple and elegantly styled
Custom Designs for hotels, restaurants, and residential properties
Exhibit Design and Execution
- Discovery Science Center
- Jan 2005 - Apr 2006 (1 year 3 months)
A children's science center / interactive and educational exhibits
University of Kansas
- BFA Industrial Design
- 2000 - 2004
Focused on a user center approach to design.
- 1999 - 2000