- + Follow
Automotive and Transport Designer
Daventry, United Kingdom
Preparing for my fourth and final year in Automotive Design as Coventry University.
spare time renders (photoshop)
markers and chalk
29 Packwood Close,
Daventry, Northants, NN11 8AJ
Abanjo AT hotmail DOT com
Passion is a key characteristic of mine, expressed throughout every task whether it be within or outside of design. Aspirations to become an automotive stylist have developed from my early affection for cars and art. Combining the two culminated into becoming an accomplished designer willing to further my skills and continue to learn.
Education and Credentials
Coventry University 3rd year undergraduate:
(Graduate in June 2014 expected first class degree)
- Automotive and Transport Design (MDES)
Higher Education relevant modules
- 3rd year at Coventry University Automotive design (MDES) expected first class degree
- Year 1: ID - Automotive and Transport Design Exploration 100AT_1011AAA,
- Year 2: 3D Form and Developement 200AT_1112AAA, Automotive and Transport Design Specialist Skills 201AT_1112AAA, Professional ID Studies 2 230ID_1112AAA.
- Year 3: Design Competitions 370ID_1213AT, Industries project 371ID_1213AT, Professional ID studies 3 372ID_1213AAA.
Lawrence Sheriff grammar school for boys A-level grades:
- Art (A), Maths (B), Physics (C) (no A* given to this year group)
- 12 GCSE’s (A* to C) qualifications including
- Maths (A), Chemistry (A), Physics (A), Biology (A), Art (A*), English (BB), French (B), PE (A)
Work Experience and Achievements
- Shortlisted for Top Gear P45 Design project
- Shortlisted for Jaguar Advanced (1 of 4)
- Shortlisted for Jaguar ETO (1 of 8)
-Shortlisted for JCB Design (1 of 4)
- Shortlisted for Morgan Motors (1 of 4)
- Shortlisted For Carsten Astheimer ltd (1of 3)
- Highest percentage of the year for 2nd year group project (98%)
- Vencer design competition (Still awaiting result)
- Interior motives Icon competition (in progress)
Confidential project - Tested my ability to work incredibly quickly (1 week to produce 3 concepts and a final proposal) and do this in complete confindetiality. This enhanced my capability of getting my ideas across clearly, quickly and efficiently.
Group project - Developed my understanding of working with others with different skills at different levels and utilising each one of them to produce the best possible outcome. The project taught me to prioritise on what I know best and contribute my skillset based around everyone elses. Coping with individual personalities was also a useful learning curve.
Design Competitions - Much like the Confidential project, the competitions gave me a taste of what it is like to compete against others across the world and get noticed. Improving my knowledge in automotive and graphic design.
Computer software programmes: Other:
- Microsoft office - Skething
- Adobe Photoshop - Painting
- Autodesk Alias Automotive
- Autodesk Showcase
- Worked in Canada (Kananaskis 4 months) in a 5* hotel as a cook
- Barcelo hotel (England) Conference and Banqueting Assistant.
- Marshal at Whilton Mill Go Karting
Canada - Living half way across the world in an entirely diferent culture to my hometown, Kananaskis allowed me to grow up as an individual. I learnt valuable lessons in working with a variety of different people in a variety of different jobs and gained experience in dealing with guests. Being a cook meant I had to stick to strict rules and was consitsently under intense pressure to get things right on a first time basis, due to the 5* standard.
My days off enabled me to explore the breath-taking landscapes across Alberta and have been at the origin of much of my inspiration in Art and Design.
- English (native)
- French (basic)
- Italian (basic but willing to learn fluently)
- Willing to learn German
Extra Curricular activities
- Duke of Edinborough Bronze award
References (on request)
Most of these activities have developed my team work and leadership skills (captain of my local football team) And have fueled my passion to win.
- MDES Automotive and transport design
- 2010 - 2014