- + Follow
Freelance Swimwear & Lingerie Designer
Cape Town, South Africa
Cape Town, South Africa
I could provide you with the following: * Key Seasonal Trend - Boards * Key Seasonal Mood - Boards * Key Seasonal Color Concept - Boards * Presentation to Customers * Write Ups * Single Style Design on Illustrator in one Colorway * Additional Style Colorways * Collection Strukture Building * Complete Series Designed in one Colorway * Additional Style Colorways * Textile Print Design Directions Brief * Textile Print Design in one Colorway * Additional Print Colorway * Motive Design, Embroidery Design, Placements... * Accessory Design * Technical Drawings on Illustrator to be used for Techpacks * Fitting Assessments of Base Size/Size Set * Evaluation of areas to grow in terms of Design/Styling
Swimwear & lingerie design
Swimwear design for Triumph International
Alice has 17 years of experience and is a specialist in designing collections
for ladies, men and children in Swimwear, Beachwear and Lingerie.
By living and working in Europe, Asia and South Africa Alice has combined her European sense of fashion and tailors her unique and exclusive style to the individual demands that these different markets and brands require.
-Designing exclusive Swimwear and Lingerie ranges for the European,Asian and African market
-Introducing new designs by evaluating market gaps and rejuvenate existing brands
Extensive experience in designing :
* Shape wear collections
* Up to higher cups
* Athletics swimwear collections
* High fashion collections
* Fast fashion
* Young Fashion
* Ladies,men and children
-Apply current fashion trends in order to filter and transfer into marketable collections
-Establishment and execution of tailor made exclusive collections
-Working through the design process from start to finish
-Provide a designers brief
-Creating Mood boards, Colour and Trend Forecast boards
-Experienced in Photoshop,Illustratore and Fashion Studio
-Designing exclusive prints, appliques, accessoires, panel prints, placement prints...
-Create and invent innovative garments
-Evaluate fits up to high cups
-Proven record of producing fashionable and commercially successful garments
-Excellent spoken and written communication skills in German and English
Was in charge of Triumph International's Seductive collection, Sloggi, Tri-Action & Mamabel Lingerie
- Research trends & colour palette for the season
- Design trendy prints that are exclusive for the brand
- Developing innovative styles
- Consolidate trend boards, catalogue content/ information & present to the customers
- Be aware of consumer trends & the impact on Intimate Apparel
- View latest fabric ranges & confine fabrics to ensure exclusivity where possible
- Build professional working relationships with local & overseas fabric agents & suppliers
- Negotiate fabric prices & MOQ's with supplier’s
- Responsible for ordering sample yardage as required
- Construction & engineering to meet product requirements as per customer profiles
- Prepare a costing pack, sketch & sample for costing
- Responsible for obtaining & negotiating FOB prices & MOQ's
- Arrange photo samples/ concept samples to be made through factories
- Responsible for providing marketing with packaging & new season product names
- Responsible for new season colour selection
- Ensure accurate information is passed to the technical team
- Pattern & pattern grading approval
- General attention to detail & thorough management of all assigned
- Ensure department development timelines are achieved as stipulated by the critical path
- Increase market share identify opportunities to gain additional styles & brand exposure
- React to customer demands and be proactive in the product lifecycle
- Ensure core/ permanents products are in place and the lifecycle is monitored
- Maximize profits per segment as set out at the start of each season
- Ensure correct packaging
- Present the range to the customers at the seasonal Range Reviews
- Co-ordinate seasonal Fashion Show with music, models & props
Leading a specialised graphic design team to creat prints for the "feel good" swimwear & beachwear collection of ESPRIT for S/S 2014.
Build up the department of Triumph swimwear global asian fit in Hong Kong.
Led a team of 2 direct reports and 7 indirect reports within Design/Sourcing/Fitting and Manufacturing.
Established a highly fashionable image of Triumph swimwear across asia, implemented the best fit and basic pattern library.
Reduced the complexity and increased profitability of developing ranges worked on a close day to day bases with the manufacturer.
-Build up a strong foundation base key fabrics suppliers and finish good manufacturers as a future
outsourcing and long term business partner
-Delivered highly qualitative,fashionable and commercial swim wear as well as complementary
-Briefed and guided a design team of 5 with international trends and forecasts in all aspects
-Eliminated non performance pattern
-Implemented a basic pattern library of best fit selling garments
-Fit approved size sets
-Created and launched the 1st Sloggi asian collection
Creator of the artwork and idea behind “Trend spotting with Iris” for Kullastree
Freelance writing about latest trends in fashion for Thailand's 2nd best selling lifestyle magazine,
evaluating and predict trends.