- + Follow
My responsibilities include conceptual sketching, 3d design and product rendering as well as being a voice for human factors in the design process. My understanding of human factors as well as my graphic ability have made me a "multi-use" designer. I have been responsible for visual aides including anatomical sketches and product placement renderings. Outside of my professional world I also am a freelance graphic designer with significant corporate identity and logo design experience.
Associate Industrial Designer/Industrial Designer II
- Covidien North Haven
- North Haven, CT
- Jan 2007 - Present (6 years 11 months)
- Hired after college to work on complex surface modeling for advanced surgical hand instruments.
- Worked in team-based environments, voicing opinions on human factors, ergonomics and aesthetic form.
- Spearheaded initiative to use 2D sketches for device user manuals instead of text to better serve a global market while saving budgets.
- Earned a reputation for 2D sketches including anatomical sketches for device procedure simulations, graphic design for in house awards, product renderings and sketches for marketing and exhibit conferences and high-level renderings for product packaging.
- Participated in a global company initiative to promote a common design form language for all products to create customer recognition in the marketplace.
- Participated in multiple voice of customer events to better understand the demands of the customer in regards to ergonomic and aesthetic demands.
- Member of a company wide diversity team aiding in the social agenda of employees, to help in the workplace.
- Earned 4 international patents for medical device designs.
Devry/Keller school of Management
- M.B.A marketing
Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
- B.S Industrial Design
PATENTS (Associated with)
-Surgical Access Assembly (Oct.2009)
-Surgical Retrieval Apparatus (Oct 2009)
-Surgical Retractor (Oct 2009)
-Endoscopic Surgical Devices (Aug 2008)
-Specimen Retrieval Apparatus (Feb 2010)