- + Follow
Berto Legendary H
Berto Legendary H is an independent designer and artist based in Portland, OR. After attending Parsons School of Design in New York City he decided to move to Los Angeles where he has shown in galleries and built his network of clientele. He has been featured in Computer Arts Projects and numerous blogs for his art and typography. Berto also does mens fashion design and has been acclaimed by Vivienne Westwood and many others.
Phone: 626. 202. 4376
Through my diverse and obscure background I am able to process and design to make innovate humans day to day living. My ideas and work have proven their need and great success in an ever evolving market. I am the solution for that evolving market full of fresh ideas, great motivation and highly enthusiast about my contributions.
Education & Certifications
Air Force Community College, Electrical Engineering, Nov 2002
Parsons School of Design, Fine Arts/Fashion Design, June 2006
Represented by Rolf Contemporary Gallery 2009
Berto Legendary H: Fashion Designer and Graphic Artist
Feb 2005 - Present
• Designed and produced commissions for clients
• Created identity's for companies
• Designed of catalogs and look books for various clients including:
Ice Cream Man, Rock The Bureau, Self-Core Records, Elate Wear, Osiris
Shoes, Music Fashion (MF) Magazine, Doggystyle/Geffin Records, Royal
Revelation, Mike Vensel, Fly Society, High House Entertainment, Krossover
Entertainment, Larsiny Family Entertainment, Cassidy (Rapper), Carrot
Clothing, Dirty Economy, Pepstar, Elements Kitchen, Hot Rod Skateboard
Shop, Red Bull, Target, Primitive, éS Clothing, Diamond Supply Co., Nike
• Accolades/Recognition from the following: Vivienne Westwood, Todd
David Schwartz (CBS), Christian Audigier, and M... The Movement.
Famous Stars and Straps: Men’s Designer and Graphic Artist
• Develop a point of view for brand expression, including seasonal and
creative concepts (color, fabrication, silhouette, etc.) and thoroughly
researching trends on all creative influences (fashion, art, music, culture, etc.)
• Build and design seasonal product categories utilizing SKU plans provided
by the merchant team.
• Provide detail design information matrices, technical design packages,
fabric requirements, color pitch sheets, trims, sizing and sketches to
technical designer and merchandise team.
• Present seasonal line reviews by concept, division and categories to
management during the development process.
• Lead the fit approval process and provide comments and suggestions on
overall fit and construction.
• Adhere to all development calendar dates.
• Provide sew-by sample of each garment inspiration to technical designer for
construction details and fit.
• Research new trends, techniques, fabrications and trims emerging in the
Understand all aspects of product design and development.
Crown Collective: Associate Designer/Technical Designer
April 2007 – October 2007
• Oversee production of garments
• Highly detailed technical designing ability, tech packs, etc.
• Branded and merchandised products to assure success upon completion of
• Managed a small team of intern designers on small design projects for
BOXeight Creative Studios-Assistant Art Director
April 2006 – March 2007
• Conceptualized exhibits alongside the Art Director
• Attained distribution information about BOXeight through guerilla and
• Obtained funding for events and helping BOXeight to set up workshops for
inner city children in Los Angeles
United States Air Force-PREL Missile and Space Facilities
December 2000 – October 2003
Installs, operates, maintains, and repairs, power generation and distribution systems, and environmental control and associated support systems and equipment for missile, spacelift, and research and development (R&D) facilities.
Maintained the following equipment: power generation and distribution systems such as diesel generators, automatic switching units, manual switching gear, distribution and control panels, battery systems, and associated controls; environmental control systems; air conditioner, heating, ventilation, and refrigerant systems; and spacelift support systems
Certified in Type I and Type II HVAC Refrigeration
Held Top Secret security clearance
Microsoft Office and Macintosh operating systems, Adobe Photoshop and
Illustrator, Indesign, superior eye for style and image of any kind of genre of
fashion, superior skills in illustration and digital illustration, retouching
photographs, reading and making of blueprints and schematics, etc.
Portfolio and professional references upon request
Parsons The New School for Design