- + Follow
Freelance Graphic Designer at Philosophy Inc.
PERSONAL SUMMARY: A seriously talented graphic design professional with an extensive background in branding, packaging and promotion. I possess a deep understanding of the benefit of branding and the dynamics of design. I have worked with both national and regional clients and understand their unique requirements. My strengths lie in the ability to clearly communicate the client’s intentions and excite their target markets into action. I am a team player and work well with creative and non-creative associates. My calm composure under pressure and my rock-solid integrity make me a valuable member of any creative team.
ASSETS AND CAPABILITIES:
• Consistent award winning graphic design.
• Remarkable photo-realistic illustrations.
• Accomplished in 3D modeling and rendering.
• Ability to motivate and direct creative teams.
• Works well independently and with others.
• Coordinates and supervises outside suppliers.
• Develops and sustains cost effective practices.
• Conducts or facilitates design presentations.
• Excellent understanding of packaging print methods and technical requirements.
• Expert-level graphic software skills with proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Strata (3D software) and Mac OS X.
• Thrives in a multi-project, team environment.
• Established and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff, clients, and community leaders
Freelance Graphic Designer
- Philosophy Inc.
- Apr 2013 - Present (8 months)
An international producer of prestige bath/body products, fragrances, and gift sets.
My role is to design consumer packaging and create production artwork for a broad array of skincare and fragrance products. Work with packaging visuals product development.
- Lisa Frank Inc.
- Sep 2012 - Mar 2013 (6 months)
A producer of licensed artwork for children’s school supplies, crafts, clothing and accessories.
I produced and composed color artwork and graphic designs. Coordinated and produced consumer packaging artwork.
- Schreer Design
- Aug 1985 - Apr 2012 (26 years 8 months)
A design studio focusing on corporate and product branding, package design, point of purchase, print promotional, web design and print coordination. More recently, creating virtual prototypes as a cost effective concept/design tool.
My role as director was to create high-level graphic designs and/or concept development and provide direction and oversight to our creative team. As director, I was responsible for contracting and managing outside creative professionals as well as other design resources to cost-effectively achieve our client’s goals. I established brand style guides for cohesive branding and coached clients on its importance. I produced high quality mock-ups both physically and digitally. I used my 3D modeling and rendering skills as a cost effective tool to explore and test consumer products in the retail environment. I have developed product animation for use on the web and competitive shelf setting for testing and marketing. I designed and coordinated artwork for all promotional collateral in accordance with established brand guidelines. I conferred with clients and conducted design presentations. I used my expert understanding of all consumer goods printing processes to eliminate waste thus saving time and money. My contributions and involvement in pre-production meeting have proved to be both insightful and creative. I adapted quickly to changing deadlines and budgets and consistently delivered innovative solutions. Worked with diverse teams of creative and non-creative associates. Clients include: The Dial Corporation, Banquet Foods, Armour Foods, Chung King, Dole Foods, H.E.B grocery and Poore Brothers.
Production / Airbrush Artist
- Lisa Frank
- Nov 1984 - May 1985 (6 months)
Producer of nationally licensed airbrushed art for children. Illustrated children’s art and created mock-ups for various licensing merchandise. Assisted in darkroom procedures including stripping and type modification.
University of Arizona
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Graphic Design / Illustration
- 1981 - 1985
Advanced training in all phases of commercial art including conceptualization, layout, typography, hand lettering, illustration and photography. Received three awards including a two-page full color illustration and layout for Arizona Highway Magazine
Central High Phoenix, AZ
- 1975 - 1980