Chris Lauria Design, LLC. was established in 2001 and has been successfully creating unique toy designs and illustrations from day one. I continue to work with some of the leading toy manufacturers in the world, creating designs in many different toy categories.
With over 20 years of experience in the toy industry, my services include concept development, color presentation renderings, and control views. I also provide packaging illustrations, product label art and logo design.
Chris Lauria Design, LLC.
Cherry Hill, NJ
Proprietor / June 2001 to Present
Manage all aspects of an independent toy design company including, client relations, company promotion, project management, financial management, and project billing - Design toys through various development stages including initial concept sketches, color presentation art, control styling drawings, and product deco
- Create and design toy packaging including directional layouts, die-line creation, color comprehensive packaging, package illustration, and finished package mechanicals - Research and study continuing trends within the toy and game industries
- Current manufacturer accounts include:
The Bradford Exchange
Basic Fun, Inc.
Product Manager / Designer
December 2005 to July 2006
- Designed toys through various development stages including initial concept sketches, color presentation art, control styling drawings, presentation videos, and product deco
- Managed various aspects of toy design and development through to production, including hiring of service vendors, communication with Hong Kong factories, and submitting and tracking licensor approvals
Goldman Toy Group, Inc.
Cherry Hill, NJ
Design Director / June 1997 to June 2001
- Generated and developed new toy concepts starting with initial concept stages, color presentation art, and control styling views with product deco
- Product development also included prototype models, marketing strategies and presentation sales videos - Met with inventor submissions departments of major toy manufacturers to present new toy concepts
- Set up and managed toy development department which contracted toy design work from several major manufacturers including:
- Researched and studied continuing trends within the toy industry
Scrambled Eggz, Inc.
Toy Designer / March 1995 to June 1997
- Designed and developed toy concepts for major toy manufacturers including:
- Worked on projects from the various toy categories such as action figures, playsets, vehicles, ride-ons, games, preschool, and activity sets
- Designed toys through various development stages including concept sketches, color renderings, control drawings, and prototype models along with label art /deco
Treehouse Communications, Inc.
Assistant Art Director / October 1994 to March 1995
- Developed concepts for toy packaging starting from directional layouts to color comprehensive through to finished mechanicals
- Completed all aspects of package development including design of cost effective construction, hiring freelance photographers, and producing finished illustration
Larami Toy Corporation
Mt. Laurel, NJ
Assistant Art Director / Senior Artist / November 1991 to October 1994
- Designed and developed ideas for new toy concepts - Managed and developed all aspects of toy packaging
- Set up and organized art department consisting of eight full-time artists SKILLS • Strong problem solving, design and layout skills
• Excellent conceptual and idea development abilities • Extremely proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator • Extremely proficient in traditional illustration skills such as pencil, pen, marker comps, and air-brush illustration • Ability to work independently or with a multidisciplinary team • Excellent communication and instruction skills
Art Institute of Philadelphia Philadelphia, PA Graduated March 1991 - Associate Degree Major: Visual Communications specializing in advertising design, graphic design, and illustration