- + Follow
Elvis Duc Le
Los Angeles, CA
Otis College of Art and Design graduate in the Fashion Design program. I specialize in East-Asian driven contemporary fashion with a dash of architecturally re-envisioned avant-garde for more ready-to-wear.
Designers/Fashion Labels - Comme des Garcons | Junya Watanabe | Yohji Yamamoto, Issey Miyake | Alexander McQueen | Helmut Lang | Maison Martin Margiela | Thom Browne | Givenchy | Paul Smith | Gareth Pugh | Jeremy Scott | Ports 1961
Contact Info: ElvisDucLe@gmail.com
MENTOR PROJECT: NIKE –WINTER OLYMPICS 2012-
- Direction: Men’s Volley utilizing design elements of functional details, graphics, perforations, and other attributes indicative to activewear.
o Created a 2-piece collection of 11 looks for men’s line utilizing research on activewear design and fabrications.
o Chose a design and constructed garments to better refine and evaluate fit and proportion.
o Completed the task of harmonizing many elements of design while still staying on direction.
MENTOR PROJECT: STEWART+BROWN –SUSTAINABILITY-
- Direction: Create a feminine, wearable style that transcends from morning to evening attire with an Americana edge.
o Created an eco-friendly, 2-piece collection of 13 looks for contemporary women’s line.
o Utilizing personal touches such as natural dyes, hand embroidery, graphic stenciling, and seam treatments.
o Designing multi-functional garments which are capable of being worn in practical and multiple ways.
MENTOR PROJECT: CHRISTOPHER WICKS –ROCK&ROLL-
- Direction: Tailored menswear inspired by The Beetles rock and roll aesthetics.
o Created a look centered on tailored English menswear.
o Explored print mixing, handling fine woolens and traditional suiting materials, and embroidery details.
o Understanding the sophistication of menswear design through added details, fabrication, and subtle proportions.
MENTOR PROJECT: BOB MACKIE –ART DECO EVENINGWEAR-
- Direction: Designed eveningwear inspired by Art Deco jewelry.
o Created eveningwear red-carpet styled dresses using velvet and crystal embrodiory.
o Integrating jewelry designs into dresses and cover-ups that flow with style lines and shape.
o Working with harmonizing stretch velvets, structured woven coverups, and beading large amounts of crystals.
PACSUN – Anaheim, CA
Design Intern for Women’s Tops, Summer of 2012
• Working with a team creating line sheets, color and inspiration boards using pantone swatches, hand drawn and computerized flats, build of materials, and exposure to other departments in a corporate setting.
• Support with organization and attended meetings between all design departments, merchandising, and sales.
CHIC GAL – Los Angeles, CA
Buyer/Support, 2007 to Present
• Collaborating on looks which contribute towards window displays and concepts.
• Support in providing feedback on trends when selecting inventory for the store.
- Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Adobe Illustrator CS5
- Technical Flats
- Mood Boards
- Engineering Prints/Patterns
- Microsoft Word Hand Skills
- Garment Construction
- Fabrication Boards
- Fashion Design
- Fabric Treatment Personal Skills
- Professional Presentations
- Customer Services
- Excellent Team Player
- Motivated Learner
- Positive Energy
- Detail Orientated
- Effective Communicator
OTIS COLLEGE OF ART AND DESIGN – LOS ANGELES, CA
Bachelors of Fine Arts Degree in Fashion Design, 2013
GARMENT SELECTED FOR IN-STORE DISPLAY AT BLOOMINGDALES
Otis College of Art and Design