- + Follow
I hope you enjoy the samples I have created and worked on over the years.
I have produced a variety of work from logos, t-shirts, flyers to ad and publication design. My work experience in various industries has helped me to develop my strong computer skills. I am a quick learner and a good troubleshooter. I get along well with others and would love to join your team!
Publication Cover Design
Ocean Conservancy Project
• Creative, highly motivated, strong work ethic and versatile.
• Over ten years of extensive experience producing a variety of work from logos, t-shirts, sales collateral to ad and publication design.
• Designed and managed the production of magazine publications from creative concept through final execution.
• Ability to take on a variety of assignments and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Dedicated to continuing education to enhance design and software skills.
Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Quark Xpress, DreamWeaver, Flash, HTML/CSS, Acrobat, Microsoft Office/Outlook, NewsEdit Pro, Page Director ALS, Fetch
RECENT WORK EXPERIENCE
Daily Democrat, Woodland, CA, 2007 – present
• Became the lead artist for special magazine publications.
-- Managed the production of special magazine publications from start to finish.
-- Created the concept for the publications.
-- Designed the cover, layout, sales collateral and ads for each magazine.
-- Edited photographs and created editorial design.
-- Shot photographs when needed.
-- Prepared the files for prepress.
• Increased customer satisfaction through attention to detail and overall design of publications.
• Improved the project management process to get more efficient turnaround.
-- Projects were completed on time for publication and without errors.
• Designed online expanding pencil banners with videos and tile ads.
• Worked in conjunction with advertising director, account executives and clients in designing advertisements.
• Updated online teaser ads and obituaries.
• Managed graphics department and trained new artists.
• Prioritized workload in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
• Designed and coordinated the production of the weekly real estate section.
• Created daily templates for layout of the newspaper.
• Prepared and sent electronic files through FTP for four color output.
FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Genentech Inc., Vacaville, CA, 1998 – 2009
• Created and produced logos for different departments for use on t-shirts, mugs and vinyl lunch bags.
Pacific Pizza Box, Fairfield, CA, 1999 – 2000
• Designed company logo for use on business cards, letterhead and company truck.
• Developed pizza box logo designs.
Ad Special T’S, Fairfield, CA, 1998
• Designed and developed artwork for t-shirts.
• Created original illustrations.
J. David Gladstone Institutes, San Francisco, CA, 1993 - 1995
• Scanned and manipulated autorads and gels to create charts, graphs and tables.
• Designed posters and slides for conferences.
• Prepared artwork for scientist’s approval.
Birkenstock, Novato, CA, 1993
• Produced inter-departmental forms, newspaper ads and newsletters.
• Created illustrations for a manual.
• Designed various promotional support materials.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER / PROJECT COORDINATOR / PRODUCTION ARTIST
Lake Graphics, Belmont, CA, 1991 -1992
• Produced and coordinated a monthly coupon book project by working with salespeople, clients and pre-press technicians.
• Designed ads, brochures and newsletters for clients.
• Operated a stat camera to produce stats and films and performed stripping tasks.
• Supervised the art department in the art director’s absence.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, San Francisco, CA
B.S. Industrial Technology (Graphic Design)
San Francisco State University