- + Follow
I love exploring ideas and going with the most outrageous designs first then I turn rework to its target market. on every assignment, I work by hand then I use Adobe Illustrator and photoshop to make the shoes come to life. please feel free to review my portfolio.
Talented & resourceful individual with a unique combination of skills, I am 100% knowledgeable of the pattern making and upper process. I would like to utilize my skills with a progressive organization.
Experience BCNY Intl. - Hicksville, NY, 03/10 –
• Created new concepts for boys and girls Paris Blues, Justice, American Heritage, Airwalk and Garanimals.
• Designed for private and branded labels.
• Traveled to China to oversee product integrity and efficiency.
• Checked blueprints of outsole molds and patterns before final sample.
• Communicated with factory personnel on a day-to-day basis.
• Trend research for the American market.
• Material experience in both synthetic and Leather.
Vidagroup - New York, N.Y. 05/08 - 05/09
• Created new designs for seasons ahead.
• Updated designs for three brands,
(Baby Phat, Phat Farm and American Classics).
• Developed new outsole tooling for athletic footwear.
Fashion Institute of Technology - New York, NY, 01/05-05/08
Lab Assistant Accessories Department.
• Help students execute patterns in a correct manner.
• Repaired and kept shelves restocked with the proper supplies.
• Repaired sewing machines for student use.
Internship Vidagroup – New York, N.Y. 02/08 - 05/08
• Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop design assignments.
• Helped pick colors and materials for the fall line.
• Prepared displays and trend boards for large meetings.
• Commented on first round samples for improvement.
Computer skills Windows and Mac operating systems:
Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Entourage and excel. Some experience with sketchbook pro. Hand sketching with athletics, men’s outdoor casual and dress, women’s dress and casual, kids and infants all categories. Able to hand make product from last.
Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York Accessories Design. Bachelor of Fine Arts, 2008
Fashion Institute of Technology