- + Follow
Ian Withers, AIA
Architectural Technician at Westfield
Ian is an architect with a wide variety of design and management experience. Having worked on single family residences, mixed-use residential, transit and light-rail, Ian has acquired valuable knowledge that constantly informs his designs and his ideals. He has traveled the world and worked in several cities including Brisbane, St. Louis, Seattle, and Orlando. This has given him a unique understanding of what contributes to the character and culture of a place. While Ian is a LEED Accredited Professional and can help guide clients through the certification process, he believes that sustainability should be a natural by-product of smart design.
Specialties: Graphic rendering. Construction management. Multifamily programming. Code research. Graphic presentations. Open and clear communication and coordination with clients, municipalities, and subcontractors. Sustainable practices.
Work Samples - Resume
Airports of the World.
HEWITT ARCHITECTS: Airport LINK Lightrail Station for Sound Transit
- Apr 2013 - Present (8 months)
- Jun 2009 - Present (4 years 6 months)
- Aug 2007 - Mar 2013 (5 years 7 months)
- Caron Architecture
- Jul 2006 - Oct 2007 (1 year 3 months)
- Bosworth Hoedemaker Architects
- Apr 2005 - Oct 2005 (6 months)
Project Engineer's Assistant / Preconstruction Reviewer
- WELBRO Building Corporation
- Apr 2004 - Oct 2004 (6 months)
Pre-Construcation as well as on-site construction administration.
- James Russell Architects
- Oct 2002 - Dec 2003 (1 year 2 months)
2 Person Residential practice. RAIA awards won in Queensland as well as Australia.
- Fairweather and Proberts Architects
- Apr 2003 - Aug 2003 (4 months)
30 person residential / mixed use firm in Brisbane Australia.
- Jun 2002 - Oct 2002 (4 months)
- HHCP Architects
- Jun 1999 - Aug 2000 (1 year 2 months)
Intern. Helped with Orlando Convention Center phase 6 as well as many other projects. Summers.
University of Washington
- Masters of Architecture. Studios of interest Architecture
- 2004 - 2006
Washington University in St. Louis
- BS Arch Architecture
- 1998 - 2002
Washington University Laskey Award Winner for "best architecture student"
Washington University Widman prize nominee.