- + Follow
San Diego, CA
San Diego, CA
"Art, Philosophy, Sport....are paths of the same thing." is a quote given by Bruce Lee in one of his interviews of explaining what he believes makes him who he is.
I have taken this quote to be my principle idea and driving force when it comes to designing or creating a look for companies and clients.
Designing, apparel and graphics, is my art form. The lifestyles of the brands becomes my practice on skill sets to help convey this philosophy. It is also a way to practice and challenge myself to outdo my past work or what helps brings my employer to the next level became my sport.
PATTERNS AND REPEATS
Fox Head, INC., Irvine, Ca.
Contract Senior Men's Cut and Sew Designer
-Designing and Managing the woven's category in each given season.
-Create original, industry leading designs that achieve the sales goals for the Fox clothing department.
-Create clear detailed technical package
-Research trends and participate in team meetings to set direction and tone for the coming season.
-run fittings for the woven's category
SRH Productions Inc., Vista, Ca.
2011 - 2012
Senior Men’s & Junior’s Apparel /Graphic Designer
- Designed apparel and accessories for Men’s, Junior’s, private label from all aspects starting with initial design (coming up with art direction, determined styles assortment and number of SKUs, created bodies, graphics, trims, color ways)
- Brought designs into development & production by creating tech packs for vendors with size specs, trims and color call outs, communicated with vendors to ensure all the samples and production that we are receiving meets our design and quality requirements.
- Managed and gave art directions to freelance artists, which was 20% of graphics used each season. The balance 80% of graphics are designed by myself.
- Helped established SRH in key retail stores by making it one of the top 5 brands. (Especially when we are the smallest operation of all of our competitors.)
- Worked closely with owners on special projects pertain to musicians and shows that we hosted & for shows that supported the brand.
Jido & Juniar, Inc., Carlsbad, Ca.
2007 - 2011
Men’s & Junior’s Apparel /Graphic Designer (for the following brands: No Fear, So Cal, Fearless, FMF, SRH, Hart & Huntington, Hustler, Orädd & other accounts)
- Created distinct designs and identity for each individual brand.
- Worked closely with production team, printers and vendors to take a concept to a marketable product.
- Help increased brands’ sales by creating multiple product assortments. Which resulted in higher success in what they (the brands) could offer their buyers.
- Designs had increase 75% in growth thru number of styles shown and larger units for those key styles.
No Fear, Carlsbad, Ca.
2006 - 2007
Designer/ Graphic Artist (Men’s No Fear & Men’s & Junior’s SoCal)
- Pioneered the Junior’s line for SoCal, which took off with success
- Designed graphics for apparel and accessories (hats, key chains, socks, belt, bottle opener)
- Made marketable products which help increase the profit to help generate more retail stores. When starting with this company they had 10 stores. When I left to work closely with the vendors for their product. They expand to 45 retail stores.
Fox Racing Co., Morgan Hill & Irvine, Ca.
2003 - 2006
Designer (Woven tops and Cut & Sew Knits)
- Worked closely with the Creative Director to establish a new sportswear line from their core MX business by bringing new design directions and ideas to the table.
Pacific Sunwear (PACSUN), Anaheim, Ca.
2002 - 2003
Associate Designer (PACSUN Private Label Men’s Woven Bottoms)
- Executed designs from concepts that meet the current market and consumers’ needs
- Designed products that can be paired with leading brands within the market
Michael Brandon / BJD, Los Angeles, Ca.
2001 - 2002
Associate Designer (Michael Brandon, Chemise and Linea Dome)
- Designed fabric patterns and colorways thus helped increased sales of the woven shirt line.
- Created tech packs, story boards and catalogs
- Attended trade shows like TexWorld Fabrics and Premire Vision/Le Salon in France
Guess?, Los Angeles, Ca.
2000 - 2001
Associate Designer (Men’s Denim & Outerwear)
Assistant Designer (Boy’s Woven)
- Aided design team to creating storyboards, illustrations, details sheets, track trims and attend fittings.
*Adobe CS5 Programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
*Wacom products, Cintiq & tablets
*Microsoft Office 11 (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
*Strong understanding of future and current design, colors, fabrics and prints trends
*Technical drawing, pattern making, garment construction, fitting and sewing knowledge
*Knowledge of different prints, embroideries, fabrics (wovens and knits) trims and washing techniques
*Ability to delegate, provide leadership and work productively in both a team and independent environment.
*Familiar with overseas and domestic manufacturing.
*Ability to multi-task, work under pressure to meet calendar deadlines
Long Beach City College
Set Courses on Art Philosophy & Art History
Otis College of Art & Design
Fashion Design Academic focus on designing apparel