- + Follow
James D Buford
New York, NY
New York, NY
I am a highly motivated and accomplished Fashion Designer with great technical ability. Inexhaustible knowledge of various fashion market sectors as well as trends and branding esthetic. Fantastic understanding of garment specifications in Menswear and Womenswear. Efficient with regards to Computer generated technical packages, trims, fittings, fabrics, prints, dresses, Lab dips, Trend research, Sewing and Wovens. I have formal and extensive training in traditional tailoring and sewing. I am a denim expert, with respect to washes, construction, Inspiration and historical denim research. I've received a great deal of freelance work with sports brands and startups. I am also the Co Owner and Blogger of Online fashion publication www.Infashuated.com
Women's Athletic Apparel
Mens Sketch Process
Creative Consultant & Fashion Blogger
- Curator all blog content
- Orchestrate fashion interviews
- Publish new content daily
- Provide trend analysis and brand development
- Seasonal design consulting (Prints, Color Analysis and Design Direction)
- On average my blog generates over 2k visitor monthly
- Worked with licensed apparel startup, Life Fitness, one of the worlds largest suppliers of gym equipment, to translate the brands esthetic into an active apparel line.
Helped to Launch their first major apparel line for FW15.
- Responsible for designing men's and women's seasonal collections
- Handled all technical specifications, from Fit Comments, Tech Packs, Color, Trims and Trend Research .
- Work closely with Senior Technical Designer, Product Development/Sourcing and marketing to ensure all style were well received.
- Supervised and executed all repairs, denim alterations and hemming.
- Responsible for restoration work on vintage Levi's clothing.
- Assist the Master Tailor with all aspects of denim preparation (pattern cutting, stitching, dyeing, and construction of Levi’s Lot No. 1 Jeans)
Stall & Dean | 2012 - Stallanddean.com
- Designed Hockey Uniforms (on-ice Off-Ice Warm-up)
- Built presentation boards (flats/tech packs/color-ups)
- Provided fit comments and specs sheets for final PO and production.
Janji | 2012 - 2013 - Runjanji.com
- Designed a womens running collection (flats/tech packs/color-ups)
- Built boards with R&D surrounding seasonal inspiration.
- Conducted fittings with provided comments, photos, and specs to aid in final production.
- Responsible for the research and design of prints.
- I worked closely with Apparel Designers and Product Development to achieve print techniques.
- Maintain men’s high end/Core performance active-wear
- Created tech packs for product development
- R&D of apparel for Reebok X-Tech/ZigTech/EasyTone
- Responsible for weekly fittings and amending tech packs
- Attended costing meetings to ensure margins were met
- Inspected samples for approval & modifications prior to final PO.
- Help maintain retail space and inventory stock
- Assisted on construction development and technical design
- designing cut & sew BDGA apparel
- Computer Cads pattern application on BDGA apparel
- commissioned to produce moccasins - assembled moccasins
- construction and technical design - worked with suede & leather skin
- Managed visual merchandising and show room for major product presentations.
- Worked with research and development to approve fabrics, color dips, and trims, from manufacturers.
- Produced trend boards, mood boards as well as flats.