I am an industrial designer living in the city of Chicago. My work experience is 7 years deep in the kitchen and bath environment - the hubs of the home - with a strong focus on water delivery plumbing products. My passions outside of work focus around fitness and wellness - staying active and attempting to do creative, healthy cooking at home. Other personal interests include the culinary arts, foreign languages, pets (dogs!), and travel.
Masco Design May 2008-Present
• Industrial Designer
Working on a team within a team, I am part of the five person plumbing platform group within the greater 25 person design team at Masco Design, in the West Loop of Chicago. The plumbing platform group covers water delivery products as well as water containment products. Masco companies within this group are: Delta Faucet (parent to Brizo and Peerless brands), Brasstech (parent to Newport Brass and Ginger brands), Masco Bath (parent to Aqua Glass, American Shower and Bath, and Delta branded tub/shower enclosures), and lastly Watkins (parent to Hot Spring Spas and Caldera Spas).
While my current role is to design new products in the plumbing group, I have worked on projects for nearly all of the Masco business units supported by the Masco Design team in the past four years. Visit http://www.masco.com/ for more information about Masco companies.
Visit http://www.mascodesign.com for info on the Masco Design office.
Delta Faucet Company January 2005 - May 2008
• Industrial Design Co-op
Worked with the industrial design, R&D, and marketing teams to create new products in the kitchen and bath plumbing industry for the Delta, Peerless, and Brizo brands within Delta Faucet Company. This was part of the Cooperative Work Experience Program at Purdue University - two years of work experience interspersed with semesters of school over the span of three years time.
• Several water delivery products launched for sale at big box home improvement stores. Several home organization and storage products launched through Liberty Hardware in various channels.
• Have continued to have a working relationship with Delta Faucet Co. through Masco Product Design.
Purdue University 2004 – 2008
BA Industrial Design
3.8 GPA, Graduate with Distinction
• 2008, Purdue Industrial Design Outstanding Senior of the College of Visual and Performing Arts
• 2006, 1st place in the International Aluminum Extrusion Design Competition
University of Louisville 2002 - 2003
• Mechanical Engineering
• Member of the Honors College, A/B grade average
• Experienced with: ProEngineer (ProE 2002 through Wildfire 5.0), Alias Image Studio, Keyshot, Sketchbook Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite
• Some experience with: SolidWorks, Rhino, CAD/CAM for furniture manufacturing, Catia, AutoCad
IDSA Purdue Chapter
• 2007 – 2008 President
• 2006 – 2007 Treasurer
• Member since 2004