- + Follow
I am a graphic designer at Enseo, located in North Texas. I received two college degrees in art and do freelance design/branding work in addition to my current full-time employment. I take pride in learning new techniques, software and self teaching in addition to formal education. As an example of time management and discipline, I completed my entire college career with honors while working full-time at Advance Components. I love communicating visually with others. For me, it's the most effective way to express myself. It's important for me to be as versatile as possible with my art. Traditional art is my background, but I use that experience and apply it to graphic design, photography, and 3D modeling. I believe one needs a strong foundation, and mine are the basic elements of art: line, shape, color, form and texture. Although I received my bachelor's of art with honors, it's important for me to always learn as much as possible through self teaching and experimentation. This hands-on approach helps me to be an efficient fast learner. Specialties: Graphic design, photography, Adobe's creative suite, 3D modeling with Maya and Z Brush and traditional art (drawing, painting). Some academic experience with HTML5 and CSS3
Drawing & Illustration
Graphic Design, Branding, and Marketing Material. Work history includes:
-God Had Other Plans: Published book by Heather D. Nelson. Designed logos and branding material for business cards, post cards and posters.
-HERCO Equipment, Inc.
Logo, branding, and web design for a major hydraulic repair company in the Dallas area.
Commissioned for re-creation of original artwork for clients.
Work history includes:
-Family Portraits with pencil and pastel
-18x24 size replicas of original personal works. Medium: pencil, charcoal, and pastels.
• Team orientation: Work jointly with sales and warehouse teams to ship products to customers on time to meet and exceed the company’s quality and financial goals.
• Strong work ethic: Constantly consolidating warehouse inventory to streamline shipping and receiving processes.
• Adaptability: Actively staying up to date with new safety and operating procedures, including annual ISO (International Organization for Standardization) checks, and annual forklift operator certifications involving standard tests and training.
• Microsoft Office Suite: Keeping in tight communication with company on shipping and receiving specifications, including completing documents and spreadsheets on vendors, procedures, and product inventory information.
• Customer service: Educating shoppers about products in detail to ensure complete satisfaction and understanding before purchasing.
• Dependability: Accurately managing online orders efficiently by holding correct items for customer pick-ups, accelerating the store’s standing to number one in OMS (Order Management System.)
• Leadership: Actively participating in Best Buy e-learnings for training and knowledge of company’s operations, thereby setting an example for achieving bronze, silver and gold ‘Path to Excellence’ status.
• Teaching: Held classes for up to 15 students to improve knowledge of various biblical subjects.
• Verbal Communication: Effectively delivered course content and lessons to middle school-aged students in a simple, easy to understand manner.
• Responsibility: Frequently managed field trips and events for students, gaining trust with parents and church staff.
Although my Bachelor's degree is in Art & Performance, the concentration is in visual art and graphic design. I graduated with major honors for a GPA of 3.45. All 3D elements of my portfolio are almost completely self taught, as 3D was not my focus in college.