I am a design professional in the Seattle area. I am dedicated to work that positively empowers people. I am enamored with developments in technology, medical and material science, social and developmental psychology, and kinesiology. I find that these particular interests lend themselves quite well as spars to my T-Shaped personality, and it is in their concinnity that my product development is informed. Alone they’re just individual space lion robots, but together they are the Voltron of my product development universe.
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Google Sketchup, Solidworks, & MS Excel
• Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Java
• Fluent in ideation sketching and rendering with various media
• Extensive experience prototyping and fabricating with wood, metal, and plastic
• Experienced with manual black & white photography, film processing, and print making
• Experienced with Digital Photography
Geek Chic | Everett, Washington, United States | Feb 2010 - Present
Industrial Designer — Research & Development
Geek Chic has been making lifestyle furniture for geeks since 2008 — starting with gaming tables, and expanding into other geek needs like comic storage, collectibles display, and office retrofitting. Having had to consistently invent my position through the start-up years, I am currently a driving force behind innovative solutions, and a champion for the user experience as a member of R&D, where we are entrusted with the development of new products and processes, bespoke commissions, trade show fixtures, and anything else worth bending our minds around.
EagleView Technologies | Canyon Park, Washington, United States | Oct 2008 - Feb 2010
Product Development & Graphic Designer
EagleView Technologies is the industry leader for off-site aerial measurement services and reports. I joined EagleView Technologies just after it had begun in 2008 as a measuring technician and transferred into a data logistics position. I quickly identified the need for stronger branding and web presence and established their Graphic Design and User Experience department where I was able to work directly with the developers over the next year to design and implement the EagleView Technologies ecommerce website and proprietary core software tools.
Nintendo of America | Redmond, Washington, United States | Aug 2007 - Jun 2008
Performed and documented rigorous quality-assurance checks on software in development. Identified programming issues, graphic and audio corruptions, design inconsistencies, and errors in logic and ruling systems.
Fields Everywhere | Blacksburg, Virginia, United States | Aug 2005 - May 2007
Industrial Designer / Inventor
Fields Everywhere endeavored to develop a full-body kinesthetic experiential learning environment directed at sparking a fascination with science in middle school aged children employing a narrative about Fields — electromagnetic, magnetic, acoustic, etc. We worked under funding from the NSF and Virginia Tech.
• Led teams contributing to multiple facets of the project over two years
• Presented to advisory panels of experts in educational technology, science-exhibition design, and mechanical and electrical engineering
• Contributed to a second phase grant submission to the NSF
• Named as a designer on a full patent application filed for all project-related methods and devices
• Named as co-author on an academic paper dealing in subject matter related to Fields Everywhere
Virginia Tech Transportation Institute | Blacksburg, Virginia, United States | May 2006 - Aug 2006
The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute is dedicated to conducting research to save lives, save time, and save money in the transportation field by developing and using state–of –the–art tools, techniques, and technologies to solve transportation challenges. I assisted in Human Factors research and testing intelligent vehicular systems for three separate Intelligent Transportation Systems programs in accordance with Internal Review Board (IRB) regulations.