Recently graduated Master of Architecture student
501A Bridge Crossing
Yorktown, VA 23692
M. Architecture. Virginia Tech. Blacksburg, Virginia. Graduated May 2011
B.S. Civil Engineering. Structural Concentration, Studio Art Minor. University of Maine. Orono, Maine. Graduated May
2008 Magna Cum Laude
E.I.T. Certification. October 2007
Graduate Teaching Assistant. Virginia Tech. Blacksburg, Virginia. 2009 - 2011.
· Assisted in a Building Structures course centering on steel, timber and reinforced concrete design.
· Tutored students and corrected tests and quizzes.
Research Assistant. Advanced Engineered Wood Composites Center, University of Maine. 2005 - 2008.
· Contributed to development of composite pole process through research and brainstorming.
· Assisted in structural sample testing, vendor and product research, technical writing including test reports and
instructions, lab work, and literature searches.
· Team leader for research process and lab activities.
· Developed career ladder for AEWC employees.
Engineer Intern. TRC Solutions. Augusta, Maine. 2007.
· Steel and concrete design, structural analysis, and design of substation equipment and footings
· Exposure to modeling in Risa3D and RisaFoot.
· Gained experience in codes and their applications.
Teacher’s Assistant. Civil Engineering Department, University of Maine. 2006.
· Fielded operational questions from students in MicroStation.
· Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe CS, SketchUp, MicroStation, Risa Programs, MathCAD, Hand Drawing
· Steel Design, Reinforced Concrete Design, Structural Analysis, Soil Mechanics, Transportation Safety
HONORS & AWARDS
· All Maine Women 2008 Historian (Top 1% of University of Maine females in graduating class)
· Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society Vice President 2007
· Chi Epsilon Civil Engineering Honor Society Marshall 2007
· National Society for Collegiate Scholars
· Maine Top Scholar 2004 - 2008
INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Travel, art, intermediate fluency in French
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University