- + Follow
I'm a senior in the Clothing, Textiles, and Design program at the University of Idaho, emphasizing in design. My most recent design accomplishment is working with a product development team of students to prototype uniforms for the local roller derby association, the Rolling Hills Derby Dames. I have achieved the Dean’s List almost every semester and I'm a member of the student chapter of the International Textile and Apparel Association (ITAA).
• Portfolio Development: Creating a professional design portfolio to highlight my coursework.
• Apparel Design and Development for a Client: Working with a team & a client to design & create a line to suit the client’s needs.
• Adobe Illustrator for Apparel Design: Creating a concept, color, fabric & line board, and learning how to use Adobe Illustrator proficiently.
• Aesthetics for the Apparel Professional: Designing & Creating a full line of garments & draping on a dress form.
• Apparel Design I & II: Basic sewing techniques, pattern drafting and designing.
• History of Western Dress: The history of dress from ancient civilizations to present day.
• Textiles: Learning the properties and functions of numerous fabrics & fibers.
• Fashion from Concept to Consumer: Basic knowledge of the apparel industry.
• Introduction to Public Speaking: Writing & preparing speeches in front of an audience.
RECOGNITION, HONORS & ACTIVITIES:
• Deans List January 2008- Present
• Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society April 2009- Present
• ITAA member August 2010- Present
• CALS Peer Mentor May 2011-Present
• CALS Ambassador April 2010- May 2011
• Alpha Phi Apparel Chair January 2008- December 2009
Idaho Vandals Sports Properties Moscow, Idaho
• Dates: August 2010-Present
• Position/Duties: Marketing Intern. Working during home athletic events, ensuring that all marketing efforts run smoothly, communicate with clients and work with a team.
Vanity Moscow, Idaho
• Dates: May 2011-Present
• Position/Duties: Fashion Consultant. Greeting customers, serving customers while in the store, being a cashier, counting back change, cleaning and creating displays.
Bureau of Land Management Burns, Oregon
• Dates: Summers 2008-2010
• Position/Duties: Rangeland Technician. Surveying burn areas, setting up transects, taking data, entering data into Excel spreadsheets, and working with crewmembers.
The Book Parlor Burns, Oregon
• Dates: December 2004-August 2009
• Position/Duties: Bookstore attendant. Being a cashier, counting back change, making coffee drinks, customer service, creating book displays, and placing book orders.
University of Idaho