- + Follow
Technical Manager (Industrial Design)
Pune, India, India
My work basically involves conceptualisation to final product deployment.
I work on varied product lines like Special Purpose Machines, Electronic Enclosure, Packaging machines, Touch screen Kiosks, UI, E-learning, CBT, Laboratory Equipment, Pharma-equipments related products, Sheet Metal components, Motion Systems, Mechanisms, Robotics, accessories for the physically disabled etc.
B.E.Mechanical, MCM, MDAA (Robotics & Industrial Automation)
Mobile: 91 98223 76961, Te: 91 20 24224318, Email: email@example.com
Seeking a challenging senior level assignment as …
Senior Manager / General Manager – Technical, R & D
Target Industry: Manufacturing, Project Consultancy, Infrastructure
Professional Brief: A highly accomplished and dynamic Engineering Professional with 15 yrs of comprehensive and cross functional experience in managing manufacturing operations, new product design & development. Verifiable strengths in designing new products on the basis of market requirements and improving processes and work procedures in support of continuous improvement programs. Currently associated with Suchitra ARTS, Pune, in the capacity of Assistant General Manager (Tech/R&D)
* Manufacturing: Operations, Process Planning, Process Improvement Initiatives, Resource Optimization, Quality control
* Product Life Cycle Management: Research, Conceptualization / Planning New Product Development, Product Enhancement (Existing Products), Designing, Technology Transfer, Prototype Development, Testing & Validation, Product Data & Information Management
* Project Management: Requirement analysis, Project Planning, Resource Management, Monitoring Progress, Change Management, Team Management
* Supply Chain Management: Vendor Development, Sourcing & Procurement, Component Supplier Management, Commercial Negotiations, Material Specifications, Testing
* Software Development Projects: Requirement Analysis, Planning Modules, Delegation of Duties, Testing & Validation
Product / Domain Knowledge
* Home appliances
* Banking Automation
* Indoor Advertising
* Entrance Automation
* Consumer goods
* Medical equipment
* Material handling systems
* Low cost automation
* Designing: 3DS- Max, Photoshop 6, CorelDraw 9, Flash CS3.0(ActionScript)
* CAD–CAM : AutoCAD , Solid Works 7.0, Pro-Engineer Wildfire 3, Catia V5 R13
* FEA : Ansys
* CAM : G-code, M-Code programming
* PLC : Ladder programming (Renu, Delta, Mitsubishi)
* Rapid Prototyping , Model Making, Mockups
* Others: VB 6, SQL server
* Focused & dedicated
* Analytical thinking and methodological approach
* Eye for detail
* Quick decision making abilities
* Troubleshooting & problem solving skills
* Organizational & leadership skills
* Good communication & interpersonal skills
* Developed a new engineering design process which helped in designing new products, based on market requirements, right from its conceptualization stage and Incorporating design change in existing products for product enhancement.
* Managed Engineering Function for customized touch screen kiosks, display systems, indoor advertising, banking automation machines, traffic systems equipments, air-filter manufacturing, clean-room equipments, packaging machines, entrance automation, security systems, pressed parts and auto ancillary components.
* Independently designed plant layouts for 3 separate factories - sheet metal processing, filter manufacturing and automation, using Lean Concepts.
* Assisted Management in new product development and existing product upgrades using techniques that incorporated FMEA, DFM, "Lean Concepts" and "Value Stream Mapping" into their development and manufacturing processes for ASME and FDA production, as well as CE, ISO and UL standards.
* Conducted safety training and administered the safety program for machine shop, equipment repair and production departments, including OSHA compliance.
* Administered and developed both annual and capital budgets worth over AED 5 million for manufacturing including the facilities that met both departmental and strategic plans for the entire company.
* Designed special systems for global OEM ISO certified companies implementing six-sigma.
* Solved very critical problems in banking automation machines in Bangalore branches of one of the major customer (MNC Bank) of CMS Computers, in record time and negligible expenses.
* Received “Best Performance Award” in the Department for year 1999-2000 in CMS Computers Ltd.
Suchitra Arts, Pune, Aug 2008 onwards
* Paper creasing machine
* Peristaltic Pump (Dosing Pump)
* Sheet Rolling machine design
* SPM : fluxing machine for weld-studs
* Display stands
* Riveting tool
* Vacuum Sealing Machine- customization of imported Korean machine
* Development of Material Handling equipment for 3rd party German Company
* Development of Textile industry related equipment for 3rd party German Company
* Design of Special Tool (Odd shaped Internal contour of steel pipe)for Pipe making industry. This project was highly challenging and appreciated after completion.
* Development of Bur Box for an MNC related to Swiss Dental Equipment.
* Design and development of Automatic Internal Thread checking + perpendicularity of auto-components.
* Design and development of Automatic Double head Milling machine
* Design and development of Six head Milling machine
* Development of Machine vision system components 3rd party for PAMPAC
* Design and development of Melting point Apparatus
* Design and development of Rotating Biological contactor for water treatment process.
* Development of PVC sheet Knurling Machine
* Design of pallets for auto-component like castings.
* Design and development of vacuum sealing machine
* Small systems for army training viz. laser based shooting training system and development of apparatus for keeping drivers awake.
Pyramid Airtech Pvt. Ltd., Feb 2007 to Jul 2008
Chief Technology Officer (for technology transfer from Japan to Indian counter part)
* Passbox (static and dynamic)
* Clean Bench (vertical laminar flow)
* Clean Partition
* Fan Filter Unit (FFU)
* Filter Housing (3 different types)
* Specially designed Spacer for Filter Media
* Semi-Automatic HEPA media Pleating machine
* Installation and commissioning of CNC Shearing and press-brake machine, 65 KVA Generator set, Plant Layout.
* Velocity Indicator
* Press-tools and Assembly and welding Fixtures
* Product documentations
Free Lance Projects Handled
* Automatic Media Corrugation Machine for Pyramid Filters, Pune
* RTM (resin transfer moulding machine) for Onkar Udyog, Pune
* Electro-mechanical actuators for Suryoday Engineering Ltd., Pune
* Pneumatic actuators for Suryoday Engineering Ltd., Pune
* Transfer printing Mechanism – Round Jobs, for Sanprints, Pune
* Hydraulic Lifting Platform (scissor type) CMS Computers, Pune
* Modem enclosure, CMS Computers Ltd.(for Philips), Pune
* Sheet-Rolling Machine, SK Fabricators, Pune
* Plastic Moulds for Semiconductors, Pune
* Vacuum Forming Machine, Onkar Udyog, Pune
* PROJECTGLOW – SMPL: CBT for MS-Office 2000
* SCOREPLUS: CBT for 8th to 12th standard physics, chemistry, biology and maths
* Accounting System: system developed for residential co-operative societies.
* Resume sorting software for placement companies: for sorting of resumes received via e-mails and other sources.
* Web-Site: www.ferrites-india.com
* Web-Site: www.slideochart.com
* Web-Site: www.paysafeindia.com
* Doctors Listing Software
* Library Information System.
Ideal Design (Dubai), Mar 2006 to May 2006
Senior R&D Engineer
Audio Vision (Dubai), Nov 2003 to Feb 2006
Jog Software Solutions Ltd. (JSSL), May 2001 to Sep 2001
IBS Pvt. Ltd., Jan 2001 to Apr 2001
CMS Computers Ltd., Oct 1998 to Jun 2000 / Dec 1996 to Sep 1997
R&D Engineer / Design Engineer
Ganesh Enterprises, Sep 1997 to Oct 1998 / Jun 1994 to Nov 1996
Sunfibres, Apr 1994 to May 1994
Design and Development Engineer
* MDAA (Robotics), Ferguson College, Pune and 5th generation Technologies, Canada, 1998
* Master's Degree in Computer Management, Pune University, 1998
* B.E (Mechanical), Pune University, 1994
Certifications / Trainings
* Diploma in E-Commerce Technology, Pune, 2000
* Certificate course in Import-Export, MITCON, Pune
* Undergoing PMP training
* Training on PLC Ladder programming
* Intellectual property rights
* CAD : 3d modelling in CATIA and PRO-E
* Venture Funding at NCL Pune
* Date of Birth: 11th Dec 1969
* Languages Known: English, Hindi, Marathi
University of Pune