I am an Interior Designer & Visual Artist who has a passion for architecture, graphics and the fine arts. I like to mix my hand drawn work with my technical skills to produce a creative yet functional outcome.
ARKTX, PC- Junior Designer
Washington, DC 3/2010-Present
• Support senior design staff on multiple commercial projects from programming through construction administration. Responsibilities include the production of preliminary space plans, pricing sets, contract documents in coordination with MEP drawings and the supervision of the construction process.
• Collaborate with project manager to oversee construction of the US Grains Council tenant build-out by interfacing directly with client, GC and furniture vendors. Advise on project decisions in the field and assist with the approval of project submittals and shop drawings.
• Develop finish schemes, reflected ceiling plans and millwork details according to project design requirements and conduct client presentations for review and approval.
• Coordinate bidding process with various contract furniture dealers and manufacturer’s representatives for the new Sierra Club office renovation and collaborate with winning dealer to develop system furniture component layout and finish schemes to meet client’s operational needs and budget.
Washington, DC 1/2009-Present
• Provide onsite and remote graphic design consultation services to a number of clients including non-profits, a local theater, and small business owners by conceptualizing and designing marketing and presentation collateral, personal business cards, product and company logos, newsletter publications, web banners, posters, and annual reports in accordance with the organization’s branding efforts.
• Provide interior design services including the selection of finishes, furniture and accessories along with alternative space plan options for various residential and office projects with the consideration to aesthetics, functionality and budget.
Bargmann Hendrie + Archetype- Designer
Boston, MA 2/2008-11/2008
• Assisted project managers with construction documentation and administration on State Street Financial offices by facilitating the production of construction sets, addenda, bulletins, project punch lists and as-built documents.
• Responsible for field measurement, documentation of historic features, drafting of existing conditions and production of proposed schematic designs for the renovation of two historic school buildings in Loudoun County Virginia.
• Produced pricing sets and broker marketing boards for Channel Center office building for a number of proposed tenants.
Leslie Saul & Associates- Administrative Support/ Interior Design Intern
Cambridge, MA 9/2007-2/2008
• Performed various administrative tasks simultaneously including answering phones, supporting project organization and scheduling, coordinating client and vendor meetings, maintaining meeting minutes and managing resource library.
• Responsible for a wide range of marketing efforts such as the organization of client database, maintenance of promotional materials and management of seasonal email blasts.
College of Visual and Performing Arts, Syracuse, NY August 2003-May 2007
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Interior Design, CIDA Accredited
Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD 2010, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign & SketchUp.