My skills include:
Electronic Production: television and video production - scriptwriting, producing, filming and editing.
Digital Media: websites, web banners, magazine layouts, advertisements, brochures, photography, photography manipulation.
• Talented, resourceful artistic visionary who is skilled in various forms of digital media.
• Dynamic team player with well developed written and verbal communication abilities.
• Organized, flexible and able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Portfolio can be viewed at http://www.coroflot.com/MBarrella
Areas of Expertise
Graphic Design · Logo Design · Illustration · Brochure Magazine and Newsletter Design
Package Design · Imaging Technology · Digital Photography · Desktop Publishing ·
Interactive Media · Scriptwriting · Video production · Web Design · Social Media
Illustrator · Photoshop · Quark · InDesign · Final CutPro · Premiere Pro · Dreamweaver
Flash · Microsoft Office Suite · Boardmaker · SMART Notebook · Classroom Suite
Mac OS X and Windows Operating Systems
East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Science, Media Communication and Technology, 2008.
Multimedia Specialist, Lab-Volt Systems, Inc.
Farmingdale NJ, July 2012 – Present
• Creates web-based technical courses from manuals and storyboards for the leading developer and manufacturer of educational training systems.
Customer Service Associate, Monmouth Telecom
Red Bank NJ, Dec 2010 – March 2011
• Maintained customer relationship by responding to and clarifying inquiries for voice and data solutions for small, medium and large business customers throughout New Jersey.
Documented inquiry/response actions in customers’ accounts by entering information into Monmouth Telecom databases.
• Resolved product or service problems. Includes gathering and researching information with previous records, select and explain the best solution to solve the problem, assemble the information and to verify the customer understands the information
• Created web pages for Hosted PBX Service.
Teacher Assistant of Technology, Hawkswood Inc – Hawkswood School formerly known as Educational Collaborations Inc - School for Children
Eatontown NJ, Sept 2009 – May 2010
• Utilized graphic media and technology to enhance curriculum.
Provided support to collaborative teams by working collaboratively to design visual media projects for students with Special Needs ages 3 - 21. The programs used included Illustrator, Photoshop, SMART Notebook and Boardmaker. Provided technical support to faculty and staff of the SMART Boards.
• Provided services in digital media such as video production, photography, web design. Videotaping and editing footage of the student performances and special events. Designed and responsible for the yearbook project.
Sales Associate, Lane Bryant
Holmdel NJ, Oct 2008 – Aug 2009
• Responsible for tending to the customer's needs such as aiding customer in locating merchandise and maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
Ringing up sales at registers.
• Assisted in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
• Processed and replenished merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
Community Service Organizations
Surfrider Foundation member April 2012 - Present
The Surfrider Foundation is a non-profit, environmental organization that works for the enjoyment and protection of our oceans, waves and beaches.
• Campus Activity Board – Concert Committee member 2005 - 2006
Responsibilities included security, promotion, stage grip for: (Black Eyed Peas 2005 and MTV Campus Invasion Tour 2006).
• TV Club Member 2006 - 2007
Hosted music show for campus television station and camera operator for various shows.
• Studio production:
produced ESU Warriors Basketball game on Blue Ridge Cable, audio tech for Pocono Medical Center Auction, camera person and stage manager for East Stroudsburg University Athletic Telethon.
• Independent Student Study Film: responsibilities included screen writing, casting, directing, producing, filming and editing.