I am a conceptual graphic designer. My portfolio spans from various projects involving printed marketing materials, advertising, identity design, web design, interactive and illustration. I have earned MFA from UT Arlington in Visual Communication, MA from Savannah College of Art & Design and BFA from University of Mumbai. The blend of graphic design, advertising design and technical skills enables me to generate successful conceptual design solutions.
Total Breakfast Cereal Advertising Campaign
Dawn Dish Washing Liquid Advertising Campaign
PROFESSIONAL PROFILE: GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Strong background in professionally designing print, online and interactive communication. Responsible for generating ideas, developing aesthetic and innovative design solutions, producing successful brands, services and messages.
- Designing print, advertising, website, corporate branding, logo design, email marketing, ebooks, web banners, landing pages, mobile landing pages, direct mail communication, catalogs, presentation design, posters, brochure, leaflets, product packaging, newsletter, signage and exhibition graphics.
- Skilled design communicator, creative thinker, and innovator with aesthetic design sense, typography, photography, graphic, illustration and layout skills. - Direction to photography with an eye to detail, optimization and photo effects. - Individual creation and active participation with marketing and creative team in conceptualizing ideas.
- Expert at use of typography and layout design applications such as Adobe Indesign and Illustrator - Expert at use of Image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop and ImageReady - Software knowledge in web design tools such as CSS, HTML, FireWorks, DreamWeaver, Flash - Adept at using Operating System Mac OSX
- Experience with prototype creation, artwork prepress files, and printers. - Participation in creative strategy and marketing solutions
- Client interaction and conducting creative presentations. - Team player and coordinator with photographers, production artists, illustrators, and coordinators.
Graphic Designer (March 2011- Current)
Direccapital-NH Successfully designed and launched five company blogs. Developed ideas and creative for web pages, landing pages, mobile landing pages, web banners, tools, visuals and graphics Enhanced company brand identity and made sure design rules imply to all creative materials. Collaborate with marketing team to develop email, social media campaigns, e-books, posters and icons. Responsible for developing all creative, advertising and marketing campaigns for the company.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Aug 2008 – May 2009) University of Texas at Arlington – Arlington, TX Instructor for sophomore and senior typography class. Conducted classroom lectures with emphasis on real world design projects and homework. Trained students with the use of software tools such as Adobe Indesign and Adobe Illustrator.
Senior Designer (Dec 2005 - Aug 2006) Ogilvy & Mather– Mumbai
Responsible for developing creative design campaigns for companies like Pfizer, Allergen and Lupin. Responsible for design development, promotional print materials for Botox. Responsible for art directing photo model shoot for Botox communication. The images were later optimized for effects and used in Marketing Visual aid, Brochure and Calendar. Individually handled and successfully delivered eight products creative campaigns of Initiated concepts and worked with design team & copywriters. Controlled all stages from inception, conceptualization to design and over saw production to completion.
Senior Designer (Dec 2004 – Dec 2005) Bates Enterprise – Mumbai
Conceptualized and designed creative campaigns and brands Botox, Pepsodent and Norditropin Nordelet. Produced marketing communication materials for product Detrositol SR including visual aids, brochures, direct mailers, posters and product packaging. Directed product shoot to bring sharp and aesthetic quality of Pfizer products. Responsible for generating doctor communication for Pfizer consumer health products Selsun, Benadryl, Listerine, Caladryl, Fumycin, and Ferradol. Created medical visual aid for Lyrica. Active participation in generating ideas for new business development with company Astra Zeneca product Ramace. Worked on multiple projects concurrently, ensuring creative met on time with highest quality.
Junior Designer (Dec 2003 – Dec 2004) Point Blank Communications– Mumbai
Involved in all levels of product branding from concept, design to production for Novartis. Designed visual aid and brochure for Sandocal, Neoral, Otrivin, and Tminic. Designed and managed posters and newspaper inserts for Johnson & Johnson product Nizoral. Monitored all design materials before presentation and production. Directed and closely worked on photo campaigns.
Graphic Designer (May 2003 - Dec 2003) Pinnacle Advertising – Mumbai
Responsible for designing social awareness campaign in regional languages on HIV/AIDS for a non-profit organization. Designed creative posters, annual report cover, brochure, b/w ads, and stickers for two major hospitals in Mumbai serving a population of 4.2 Million people.
• Dean’s Honor Roll for Outstanding Academic Excellence, University of Texas at Arlington (2009)
• Silver Prize, Scaddy Awards: “Total Breakfast Cereal”, Savannah College of Art & Design (2008)
• Runners Up, Poster for Atlanta PGA Tour Championship (2007)
• 3rd Place International Advertising Association (IAA), “Communication Plan for Business Week Magazine” (2001)
• Most Innovative Sprite Ad; National Campaign Award Winner, The Coca Cola Company (2001)
• Best Commercial Art Student Award, University of Mumbai (2000 & 2001)
- Exhibition Thesis: “Design Echo”, Gallery at UTA, TX (2011)
- “Never Give Up” Wall Graphics displayed at 1st International Cross Connections Event, Luxun Academy of Fine Arts, China (2009)
University of Texas at Arlington, TX, 2010
MFA Visual Communication
Thesis Design Echo: Designing Communication to Experience the Effect of Echo - Vision, Mind & Soul.
Savannah College of Art & Design, GA, 2008
MA Visual Communication
Mumbai University, Mumbai 2002
BFA Commercial Art