- + Follow
Maps have fascinated me since I was a little girl. I have carried that enthusiasm with me all these years and have definitely found my love in creating maps. Even though boundaries are defined, there is much creativity and thought that goes into creating the perfect map-to the colors used and the best type placement to the research involved in making them accurate.
After browsing my portfolio, I hope you will consider me for your next map project-whether it is 1 map or 100!
Charts and graphs
MARY ROSTAD 2903 17th St. – Everett, WA 98201
(425) 530-3509 firstname.lastname@example.org
Creative professional with relevant design, research, editorial, trafficking, production and customer service experience eager to help efficiently and innovatively promote businesses and their graphics/products.
==> Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite on both Mac and PC platforms
==> Over 15 years of successful design experience
==> Over 2 years of art editing experience
==> Proficient in creating style guides and eye-catching charts and graphs
==> Excellent research abilities
==> Focus on stringent quality control standards
==> Exceptional customer service and employee relations abilities
==> Proficient at challenging projects, including travel guides, academic texts and maps for publications
==> Proven capacity to integrate new technologies to maximize productivity and profitability
==> Excellent capacity for prioritization, problem solving and effectiveness in fast-paced environments
==> Well-organized multi-tasker with exceptional interpersonal skills
==> Deliver outstanding results under budget and on a consistent basis
Freelance Art Editor 2009-Present
• Editing art for a series of social studies books for Teachers’ Curriculum Institute
• Editing art for foreign language books for McGraw Hill
• Researching and creating map specs for a variety of projects
• Finalizing specs for new and revised art
• Editing return proofs
• Individual pricing of art based on the overall budget
• Ordering revisions from outside vendors
• Scheduling and trafficking proofs between vendors and editors
• Ensuring quality of final files
Freelance Cartographer 2009-Present
• Creating/designing maps for various publications
Cartographer, Expedia, Bellevue, WA 2010–2011
• Creating maps for Expedia's website
Mapping Specialists, Ltd., Madison, WI 1995 - 2009
Senior Cartographer (1998 – Present)
• Assumed responsibility for advanced map design, research and production
• Researched information/statistics and created several charts and graphs as infographics for textbooks
• Contributed to project set-up/organization and tracking/quality control
• Created and maintained style guides
• Facilitated training/supervision of team members
• Assisted with research and production problems
• Conducted extensive client contact
• Acted as Project Manager as needed
• Recipient of ‘Onno Brouwer Excellence in Cartography Award’
• Recipient of ‘Can-Do Attitude Award’
Cartographer (1995 – 1998)
• Recruited to conduct map design, research, compilation and production.
• Orchestrated overall project design and specification development.
• Ensured documentation of compilation history, comments, questions and problems.
• Achieved high standards of compilation and production accuracy.
Adobe Illustrator CS4
Adobe Photoshop CS4
Adobe InDesign CS4
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, La Crosse, WI
Bachelor of Science, Major: Geography, Minor: Earth Science