- + Follow
Industrial Designer / Product and Packaging Designer at MiCa...
New York, NY
I am a seasoned Product and Packaging Designer with extensive knowledge in the consumer home goods and electronics accessory industry's. I am a positive, detail-oriented self-starter who is adept at multitasking, designing and managing the production process. I have a skilled eye for color, hot trends and the small details that make the difference in buyer's meetings and ultimately in the customer's hands.
Product and Packaging Designer: May 2013 to the present
• As the Altec Brand Manager I am corresponding daily with vendors in China and exchanged art files through websites like DropBox. I design detailed product and packaging tech packs, review per-production samples and approve for production.
• Product and packaging design for electronics accessories. Laptop bags, tablet sleeves, tech essentials bags, iPad fashion cases, protective phone fashion cases, USB cords, power sets, adapters, power banks, screen protectors, mini speakers, headphones and ear-buds.
• SNUGGIE license travel product and packaging design for pillows, socks and eye mask.
New York Smash Design: www.nysmashdesign.com
Founder and Creative Director: September 2012 to the present
• Customized innovative design solutions.
• Concept Development, Brain Storming, Market Research, Concept Sketching, Graphic Design, Logos, Product Design, Color Renderings, Packaging Design, Print Ready Packaging files, Prototypes and Product Photography.
Client - The Baruch Company: www.baruchco.com
Creative Director: January 2013 to the present
• Gift packaging designer for chocolate and gourmet food brands.
• Category trend research for packaging materials and shapes.
• Attended meetings with chocolate and gourmet food brands at the January 2013 Fancy Food Show in San Francisco.
The JAY Companies:
Creative Director of Photography and Design: February 2011 to December 2012
• Hard and Soft Goods License Brand Manger; product and packaging designer.
• Lead contact and designer for Jelly Belly, Louise Carey and Daydreams licenses.
• Corresponded daily with vendors in China and exchanged files through websites and FTP servers.
• Designed and built a high-end tabletop photography studio for packaging and web images.
• Product, packaging, logos and planograms for all in-house Jay Import brands.
• Prepared for in-house April and October New York Merchandise Mart Shows.
• Prepared samples, mockup packaging and signage for the January 2012 Americas Mart Home Goods Show in Atlanta.
M. Z. Berger & Company: www.mzb.com
SHARP Brand Manager, Product, Packaging and Promotional Designer for the Clock division: June 2006 to January 2011
• Ability to take ideas from conception to completion.
• Managed a team of in-house and freelance designers; corresponded with vendors, sample makers and engineers in Hong Kong.
• Created and maintained a product lead-time production schedule.
• Managed all product development stages for the SHARP and NELSONIC small electronics brands.
• Reviewed product and packaging pre-production samples, blisters, instruction manuals, overlays, side-kicks, PDQ’s and pallet skirts.
• Created individual SHARP and NELSONIC brand packaging style guides for each major retailer.
• Prepared for meetings with sell-sheets, presentation boards, commission prototypes, and build mock-up packaging samples.
• Organized SHARP and NELSONIC current and full product line books.
• Designs placed at Sam’s Club, Walmart (US & Canada), Target, BB&B, Office Max, K-Mart, Meijer, PCH and Dollar General.
China Vendor Meetings and Factory Tours with M.Z.B:
Face to face meetings with top industry clock vendors, packaging suppliers and sample makers: 2009-2010
• Reviewed current project line, released new opportunities to appropriate vendors and brainstorm new concepts.
• Trend analysis and vendor scouting at the 2010 Hong Kong Electronics Fair.
Walmart 2010 for M.Z.B:
Managed a team of designers to create Clocks, Clock Radios and Weather Stations for Walmart under the SHARP and NELSONIC Brands: 2009
• Designed 100% recyclable open-face corrugated packaging for submission, which was chosen by Walmart to use as their clock department’s packaging standard.
• Received M.Z.B.’s clock divisions largest order to date with Walmart and chosen to be one of Walmart’s top 4 clock manufacturers.
GE Presentation for M.Z.B:
Organized and directed a team of industrial designers to create innovative small electronics for a presentation with the GE Brand: July 2009
Play Along Toys:
Showroom Manager: September 2004 to October 2004
Toy Fair 2004 Show Room
• Responsible for all of tear down, hiring crew and buying supplies.
• Assisted in build and prep for opening day; painting, cutting and building.
Product Development Intern: June 2004 to August 2004
• Received first hand experience in designing, developing and marketing new products.
• Performed comparative product studies, brainstormed, sketched and rendering.
• Design: Understanding of materials, color and form. Trend analysis, strong conceptual brainstorming, product sketching and computer rendering.
• Computer: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, iPhoto, iMovie, FileZilla and Web Servers.
Pratt Institute; Bachelors of Industrial Design ’06 - Merit Based Scholarship and Dean’s List: ‘02 - ’06
http://www.behance.net/MichelleLadin and http://www.coroflot.com/michelleladin
- BID Industrial Design
- 2002 - 2006
Pratt Institutes Dean’s List:2002-2006