- + Follow
Industrial designer for the home furnishing, table top, and consumer goods industries.
Design and development of a broad range of products including housewares,
table linens, office supplies, and medical devices.
Housewares - Core
Housewares - Seasonal (Fall&Holiday)
Housewares - Seasonal (Spring&Summer)
• Identify and translate abstract trends and inspirations into brand-sensitive table top and home decor products
• Create 3D sculpt and 2D technical drawing for prototypes and manufacturing
• Partner with product development to maintain consistency of style and quality
• Travel domestically and internationally to trade shows and manufacturers for research and sample review
• Created new designs for Sharpie writing instruments and Expo accessories
• Analyzed trend and market research to identify new opportunities for product growth
• Managed multiple, on-going projects with research and development, branding and engineering
• Designed core and seasonal collections for Sears and Kmart brands such as Ty Pennington and Jaclyn Smith
• Product assortment include both hard and soft goods such as dinnerware, drinkware, and bedding
• Coordinated with designers of other product categories to ensure brand consistency
• Styles range from traditional, transitional, classic, contemporary and novelty
• Designed contemporary stainless steel kitchen and bathroom sinks and accessories
• Researched advancement in material and production method to drive innovation
• Planned, prioritized, and implemented multidisciplinary projects
Minor in Critical and Visual Studies. Classes include tableware design, furniture design, and toy design. Techniques include ceramic slip-casting, mold-making, Solidworks, rapid prototyping, hand-sketching, brainstorming, trend and market research and analysis.