I am a highly experienced Menswear Designer currently seeking Full-Time, Part-Time, and Freelance work.
I pride myself on having a strong taste level, great color sense, and an eye for detail. I understand how to synthesize high level trend information and market research to create sellable Men's Apparel within specific costing and design parameters.
1918 E Lafayette Place #802-S
Milwaukee, WI 53202
To obtain a position as a Designer, which would best utilize my years of expertise designing Men’s Apparel.
Associate of Applied Arts in Fashion Design
1998 - Art Institute of Seattle
Kohl’s Inc Menomonee Falls, WI 10|2011-Present
Men’s Croft & Barrow – Woven Tops / Knit Tops / Sweaters / Shorts
• Drives the Design and Development of the Men’s Croft & Barrow private label brand exclusively for Kohl’s.
• Conceptualizes Art, Color, Fabric, and Trend direction for the Croft & Barrow Brand.
• Runs Seasonal Concept Meetings to communicate Brand direction to the Merchant and Product Development
• Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed spec packets from concept stage through production stage.
• Attends all fit sessions to ensure the execution of proper expression of fit for each product category.
• Manages all Color, Artwork, Trim, and Fabric Submit Approval.
• Traveled domestically for trend research.
Eddie Bauer Bellevue, WA 12|2010 – 2|2011
Freelance Design Support
Accessories and Outlet – Men’s | Women’s
• Supported Senior Designers in the development of the Holiday 2012 Accessories and Outlet lines.
• Compiled Tech Packet information using Microsoft Excel and Web PDM.
• Developed original artwork using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Pointe Carre` programs
Target Corp. Minneapolis, MN 11|05 – 4|10
Men’s Merona Woven Tops | Outerwear | Swim
• Drove increases in sales for Merona woven tops by 9.5 million dollars, resulting in total sales of over 50 million
dollars for the Merona Brand in 2009.
• Contributed in increasing market share for Merona woven tops by .5% from 2.3% to 2.8% in 2009.
• Developed and implemented new processes to drive profitability for Merona Swim and Outerwear, resulting in over
1 million dollars in cost savings in 2007.
• Presented product line in quarterly design review meetings to Senior Merchant team.
• Fostered strong relationships with Sourcing, Merchant, and Technical teams to implement new design concepts
for Outerwear, Swim, and Woven Shirts.
• Collaborated with Textile and Graphic Design teams to execute seasonal artwork.
• Traveled domestically and internationally for vendor product meetings, competitive shopping, trade shows, and
• Managed workflow and mentored Assistant Designer.
Nordstrom Product Group Seattle, WA 11|99 -10|05
Pure Stuff - Youngmens Tops | Woven Bottoms | Denim
• Lead the design of trend-right silhouettes for Nordstrom’s Youngmens “Pure Stuff” brand.
• Actively participated in weekly fittings to ensure desired styling and expression of fit.
• Delegated projects and tasks to Assistant Designer.
• Generated and maintained accurate and detailed PLM tech packages from development through bulk production.
• Reviewed and approved all fabric, wash, trims, lab dips, and labels for bulk production.
Unionbay Sportswear Seattle, WA 12|98-11|99
Design Pool Assistant
Youngmens | Boys | Juniors | Girls
• Assisted Youngmens, Boys, Juniors, and Girls divisions on multiple and varying projects as needed.
• Measured fit samples and compiled measurement data for weekly fittings.
• Sketched technical flats using Corel Draw Program.
• Assembled seasonal color palettes and mood boards for all divisions.
Eddie Bauer Bellevue, WA 9|98 – 12|98
Seasonal | All Divisions
• Supported cross-divisional CAD department in executing yarndye, print, and pattern development.
• Scanned in, “cleaned”, and color-reduced purchased artwork.
• Matched seasonal color palettes on computer for all divisions.
• Created physical artwork archive as a reference tool for the CAD department.