- + Follow
Freelance Designer / Concept Artist
- Currently freelancing but actively seeking a full-time design position
- Open to relocating for the right opportunity
My greatest asset is undoubtedly my skill at sketching! I'm very team oriented with a "Utility-Man" approach towards facilitating to all avenues of the design process. Highly skilled in a broad and diverse array of comp software and I'm always taking additional courses, learning new programs and remaining open-minded.
I am fluent with, Rhino, Autodesk Alias, Sketchbook Pro + Designer, Adobe Creative Suite and Illustrator, and comfortable using any and all 2D and 3D tools at my disposal to share ideas with a team. Using these skills, I can communicate an idea effectively, accurately and with no hesitation, allowing me to move through projects at a rapid pace.
Detail-oriented and highly organized in my conceptualization, I am also straightforward, confident, and charismatic when sharing ideas, and am a positive team player. I tend to multitask on several projects at once, and strive to prioritize and streamline my work as much as possible while still exploring creative innovation to its greatest extent.
Pearl - Eco Open Seas Houseboat
Footwear Design - Tabi Tact 1.0 Boot Concept
Furniture Design - Serpa Bookshelf
Design work for three Malls/Centers in Southeast Michigan - Great Lakes Crossing outlets, Twelve Oaks Mall, Fairlane Towncenter
Currently designing and fabricating Retail Merchandise Units (RMU and Kiosks). Create entirely new designs for Licensee's products/merchandise and work closely alongside each client to create a pleasurable and dynamic consumer experience for each RMU.
Worked with Andrew and his family to create a brand identity that captured the essence of their future business endeavor. Conceptualized and created Blake's Hard Cider Co. logo and continue to develop their company brand/identity. Envisioned and designed Blake's Hard Cider Co. bottle label(s), bottle shape and conceptualized bottle form development.
- 2,300 sq/ft. professional, state-of-the-art wood-shop
- Aided Paul Thomas on daily shop routines, shop upkeep and general maintenance.
- Assisted in high-end residential furniture/cabinetry builds & installations
- Acquired keenly developed tradesman skills working with precision hand tools
- Learned the differences between one-off, high-end furniture building vs. high turn-around / fast production furniture deliverables
- Eventually the apprenticeship transitioned into a hourly paid position.
- Thankfully, still got all ten fingers.