PAUL SANDIP is a Product Design alumni of NID, a graduate of Electrical Engineering and a cartoonist who re-defines everyday objects with his voluntary simplicity and eco-consciousness. He beautifully converts latent consumer needs into unique products. His strategic designs led by innovation and refined sense of style fuel growth to businesses who want to create "Iconic Best Sellers". Winner of Red Dot Award (twice!) and numerous international awards his work has been extensively published and exhibited internationally including the Triennale Museum in Milan, Ambiente Fair in Frankfurt, Red Dot Award Show in Singapore, Avenue of Stars in Hong Kong, Lite-On Awards Show in Taiwan, Design Korea Exhibition/Design Olympiad in Seoul and Alliance Francaise in Delhi. His work is held in permanent collections of the Danish Design Museum in Copenhagen, Denmark as an example of Design to improve life! PAUL is a Jury Member for the India Design Mark since 2013, an initiative by India Design Council which seeks to inspire Indian manufacturers to bring to market well designed products. Specialities: Creative Methods / Product Innovation & Strategy / Styling / 3D surfaces
PAUL STUDIO has designed over 300+ Products / Toys / Furniture which are successfully selling in the Indian / Global market. We have designed products in a diverse range of industries including Consumer Electronics, Internet Of Things (IOT), Home / Kitchen Appliances, Electrical Accessories, Lighting, Kitchenware, Houseware, Molded Furniture, Infant products, Wood / Plastic/ FabricToys, Writing Instruments (Plastic / Metal pens), Porcelain / Stainless Steel Lifestyle Accessories and Medical Devices.
We are design & innovation consultants to MNC's, Startups, Entrepreneurs, MSMEs & Universities.
Services we provide:
1) USP creation through Design Research
2) New Product Design / Styling
3) Surface finishes / color / Patterns
4) Mock-up & Prototype Development (MVP)
5) Creative Engineering
6) Tooling & Mass manufacturing Liaison
7) Product Graphics / Packaging solutions
8) Intellectual Property (IP) Creation & Protection
9) Innovation Seminars / Ideation Workshops
Have led experimental, hence 'First in India' kind of projects in the following categories:
A) Home Appliances
- Washing Machine
- Microwave Oven
B) Living Electronics
- Split Air Conditioner
- Active Speakers / Woofer System
- Portable Karaoke
- LCD / LED TV
- Monitor / Monitor TV
Enroute visited several Indian households across the country to unearth latent consumer needs. Converted insights into design opportunities and co-created products for global and local market with LG Design Center in Seoul. Managed completely new product developments with overseas vendors while co-working with R&D, Sales and Marketing counterparts...to create IMPACTful design.
- Jury Member for the India Design Mark Award 2013
- Expert panelist: Color Next 2012, workshop with Asian Paints, Delhi
- Discussion: The Clip story at MIT, Pune
- Workshop host: Creative Methods at NID, Gandhinagar
- Speaker at Annual Design Exposition, IIT Kanpur
- Seminar on Disposable Mug at IIT Roorkee
- Speaker at 9th CII Design Summit, Delhi
- Guest jury at IILM Design School, Gurgaon
- Speaker at IILM Design School, Gurgaon
- Design Business Interaction at EDII, Ahmedabad
- Guest Lecture: "My Philosophy of Design" at NIFT, Delhi
- Design Talk on "differential thinking” at ITPO, Delhi
I initiated "Useful Art" a philanthrophic pursuit of excellence in turning daily-use products into desirable everyday objects by imagining and implementing creative methods and approaches to product design. The objects designed ranged from Electrical Accessories, Lighting, Furniture, Kitchenware, Tableware, Toys, Stationary, Bath accessories to Footwear.
Differential Design is my philosophy of being the differential factor -"Use Less Do More". It is a mission to take Indian design sensibility to a global platform.
Useful Art has won several design awards including the most prestigious international recognition Red Dot Award in 2007& 2010.
View the products here: www.differentialdesign.blogspot.com
Designed over 100 innovative electrical / electronic accessories for "Four Five" series along with an innovative range of modular switch plate called Grado 90 which has 90° rotatability.
Products from the range which are earning huge revenues as "Best Sellers" are:
- Bulb holder (PLAY... with invisible screws!)
- Universal Multiplug (Angular)
- Ebook Spike Guard
- Deepam (LED Diya)
- Planet G (Night lamp with dimmer)
- Prism (Night Lamp)
- Shloka (Religious Tune Door Bell)
Designed a low cost / aesthetically pleasing "dry storage" pedastal for Direct Cool Refrigerator for 2 purposes:
1) To increase the height of the refrigerator for better accesability.
2) Create space for storing potatoes and onions.
Product patented and made available in Indian market since 2005.
Night job while I was pursuing my electrical engineering.
Initiated a cartoon strip in a daily pocket column called : "Not as you see" by Paul Sandip
Worked towards self awareness of electrical motors/pump sets used in both urban and rural locations and experienced trouble shooting methods.
Have written several short stories and anecdotes while i was studying in school. My career as a freelance cartoonist began here. :)