- + Follow
Colin F. Gentle ::: 3D Product Designer ::: Certified SolidW...
New York, NY
I'll Be Showing at the RENEGADE CRAFT FAIR June 6th + 7th in Brooklyn, NY!!
ColinFrancis Design New Products
Designs for SA Baxter Architectural Hardware
Personal Concept and Modeling Projects
VIDEOS which incorporate a couple of my designs:
PRODUCT CREATIVE DIRECTION
Focused on developing brand-driven product concepts, based on collaborative input. Proven ability to design quality products and get them to market expeditiously. Expertise in architectural hardware and fixtures.
Team manager focused on fostering collaborative, task-based initiatives. A firm believer of technology-driven teams, and associated training to derive maximum value. Adept at determining client requirements, project scheduling, and manufacturing processes and planning. Outstanding presentation and communication skills, as evidenced through past and present experiences.
3D DIGITAL PRODUCT VISUALIZATION
Exceptional 3D Solid and Surface Modeling Skills, utilizing SolidWorks software - a Certified SolidWorks Professional. A tremendous appetite for photorealistic rendering technologies. And a thorough knowledge of rapid prototyping techniques. The fusion of traditional sketching/rendering techniques, coupled with new visualization technologies offers tremendous value to the iterative development process. Experienced Wacom Cintiq 12WX user.
Freelance 3D Product Design Consultant
2004 - Present
Freelance Product Development Consultant, specializing in form development, 3D modeling, engineering for manufacture, and photorealistic rendering.
Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
Assistant Professor - Product Design, 3D CAD
2005 - Present
Software Training (SolidWorks 3D CAD Software) at both the Undergraduate and Graduate level. Basic and Advanced Courses provided.
2008 - Present
New initiative to develop modern sustainable keepsakes for the home and body.
SA Baxter Architectural Hardware, New York, NY
Lead Product Designer
October, 2005 - June, 2007
- Developed a number of luxury hardware products for company launch - 200 products
- Oversaw Design Team and guided new product initiatives
- Served in both Industrial Design and Mechanical Design roles
- Created all catalogue product rendering images and product tear sheets
- Developed custom luxury hardware products for client projects
- Sourced vendors for partnership opportunities
CADD Edge, Inc., New York, NY
Technical Account Manager/Technical Staff Director/Application Engineer
2001 - 2005
- Fostered Teamwork in the management of a staff of 8 Application Engineers
- Strengthened staff technical skills through reviews, workshops
- Produced Technical Articles for CADD Edge Quarterly Company Newsletter
- Provided Product Demonstrations to prospective clients and at Industry Tradeshows
- Oversaw the planning and execution of presentations for CADD Edge User Conference
- Provided Certified SolidWorks Training Courses at all levels
- Provided consulting services for clients in product design, software training, and implementation capacities
SolidWorks Corporation, Concord, MA
Inside Sales Engineer & Technical Support Engineer
1997 - 2001
- Provided pre-sales telephone and email technical support for lead generation programs
- Technical liaison for the Inside Sales Team
- Managed and assisted in creating Online SolidWorks presentations
- Provided web demonstrations to prospective customers, using App Sharing Technologies
- Technical writer and contributor to Solid Solutions Magazine
- Presented SolidWorks product demonstrations at various industry tradeshows
- Provided telephone and email product support to customers and resellers
- Performed extensive software testing
- Provided Support 'Tech Tip' and 'FAQ' web creation and maintenance
Cannondale Bicycles/ University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
Mechanical Component Designer, Research Assistant
1995 - 1997
- Assisted in planning and design of all-terrain wheelchair frame and components using Pro/Engineer (3 prototypes produced)
- Drafted and assisted in design of adjustable seat for wheelchairs using Pro/Engineer
- Design, analyze, detail, and fabricate a one-way clutch mechanism for a bicycle freewheel in a team environment
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Snowboarding, Skiing, Kart Racing, Vintage Sportscars, Handmade Product Development (laser-cut jewelry, leather accessories, tabletop items), Music performance, Music arranging
University of Connecticut