Multidisciplined, articulate, and visionary professional designer with experience in product strategy and product design development to significantly increase product sales and visibility to the customer. Possess outstanding verbal and interpersonal communication skills and an inherent ability to convey fresh ideas and captivating visuals. Strategic thinker who desires the opportunity to continually learn.
Currently seeking further freelance opportunities.
Professional Design Experience:
2011 – Present
General Motors - [Design Center - Warren, MI]
Sr. Creative Designer - Global Advanced Design - 2012 - Current
- Support advanced concept and show car development for future GM properties and vehicles.
Creative Designer – Accessories and Specialty Vehicles Studio - 2011-2012
- Project Leader for Accessory Product Development - Responsible for all strategy development and design execution for proposed product development related the most new development vehicle programs. Required to create concepts and cohesive strategies to support the personalization program development, and generate new revenue for GM. Regularly interface and collaboratively work with all divisions of the corporation for product development; from vehicle marketing, engineering, purchasing, program management, and design to create a cohesive and clear go to market plan which all groups support. Required to mediate all divisions from design management, product suppliers, engineering, marketing, and portfolio planning to ensure each accessory product meets desired execution.
- 2011 SEMA Car Development:
- Project Leader for Sonic Boom Concept (Featured at SEMA 2011 / North American International Auto Show 2012) – Responsible for design concept creation, 3D final property development, sound design, color and materials, and managed final vehicle execution.
- Project Leader for Ricky Carmichael All Activity Vehicle (Featured at SEMA 2011 / L.A. Auto Show 2011)
2012 - Current
College for Creative Studies - Detroit, MI
Adjunct Transportation Design Faculty
- Teaching a Jr. and Sr. level portfolio development course focusing on student resume development and personal brand development for showcasing the students applicable work.
2007 - Current
Rob Cameron Design - [Baltimore / Cincinnati / Detroit]
Freelance Design Service
Design Service Clients:
- Product Design for Hasbro
- Product Design for HoMedics
- Advanced Visualization for Powermat
- Product & Strategy Development for Revolution Design Studios
- Graphic Design and Web Development Murray Multimedia Resources
- Design Services for Eternal Image LLC
- Graphic Human Interface Design for Altia Inc.
- Other Illustration & Design services for multiple small companies
2009 - 2011
DeWALT / Black & Decker - [Towson, MD]
Industrial Designer - Metal Working Products
2007 - 2009
Johnson Controls Inc. / General Motors - [Design Center - Warren, MI]
Industrial Designer - GM Personalization Studio
- Project Leader for Cadillac Personalization Strategy - Responsible for strategy development & design for proposed product development being rolled out for year 2012+ Cadillac vehicle programs. Created concepts and successful persuasive presentations for high-level decision makers. Strategy goals being to reduce costs to GM and the customer, while providing maximum opportunity for customer choice and revenue for GM. Interfaced with all divisions of product development from vehicle marketing, engineering, purchasing, program management, and design to create a cohesive and clear go to market plan which all groups support.
- Project Leader for All Accessory Wheel Development - Responsible for design & management of concept sketch, math development, 3D property development, prototypes, to final production part a-surface approval. Required meditate all divisions from design management, product suppliers, engineering, marketing, and portfolio planning to ensure product meets desired execution.
- Project Leader for Premium/Prestige vehicle accessory design and product management - Including Cadillac CTS sedan, wagon, and coupe products. Additional vehicles included: Chevy Malibu, Pontiac Vibe & G6, and Buick Lucerne.
- 2008 SEMA Camaro Development - Developed themes for the 2008 SEMA show utilizing proposed accessory products for 2010 Camaro. Developed Camaro "Black"concept vehicle theme.
June 2006 - August 2006
Toyota Motor Company - [Tokyo Design Center - Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan]
Automotive Design Intern
- Seamless Mobility - Exterior design concept focusing on the integration of the vehicle into the lives and homes of their owners. Worked closely with other designers across cultures to create a strong concept, 2D development, 1:5 scale model, and VR room presentation in Toyota City for executive management.
College for Creative Studies: Detroit, MI
Bachelors of Fine Arts - Industrial Design
University of Cincinnati: Cincinnati, OH
Design Art Architecture and Planning - Urban Planning Major
Other Work Experience:
College for Creative Studies: Detroit, MI
Peer Tutor, Model Shop Technician, and Office Assistant
X-Wheelz: Mason, OH
Aftermarket Tuner Shop specializing in exterior styling and performance products.
Catia V5 R18
Autodesk Sketchbook Pro
Rhino 4.0 + Flamingo
Hypershot (1.9+ / Keyshot)
Translation to 3D:
Foam and SLA Rapid Prototyping
Paint and Finish Work
Portfolio Available upon Request.
References Available upon Request