- + Follow
CEO/Visualization Director of F13 Design Studio, LLC
• 20+ years of experience in the architectural industry as an
architectural illustrator, creating artwork from traditional
renderings to highly technical 3D models.
• Aggressive team player who is quick to learn with excellent
communication skills and a superior work ethic.
• Efficient and detail oriented consistently exceeding
customers’ expectations in a demanding marketplace.
3D Architectural Renderings Exteriors01
We collaborate with architects, home builders, designers, and other industry players to transform their CAD drawings and sketches, into digital portraits of their architectural concepts depicting that which does not yet exist. Because artwork is a universal method of communication that transcends all cultural and language barriers, these architectural renderings are the essential tool in enabling these parties to identify areas of opportunity in finalizing structural, design, and aesthetic characteristics of each project. The renderings also provide industry players with invaluable marketing material with which to present developers and investors.
Michael Secrist, President and CEO of F13, began 20 years ago as a traditional artist using mediums such as pencil, pen and ink, and watercolor to create illustrations for his clients. So as technology evolved, transitioning to computer programs as the medium for such portaits, Mike found a rapid increase in the demand for his work as his artistic mind and eye, artistic talent, and relentless drive for detail created an incomparable finished product. Because of the demand for his work, Mike established a new venture founding F13Design Studio, LLC in 2012. F13 continues to surpass the expectations of it's international client base.
Check us out on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/F13Design2012
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR — Baltimore, MD
Architectural Illustrator, 9/09 to Present
Retained by major architectural/interior design firms to generate 3D models and animations for a wide range of university, retail/entertainment, corporate, mixed-use, single-/multi-family, hotel, and urban development projects. Advise architects on design solutions, facilitate conceptualization, and help market/sell designs. Integrated into new company environments seamlessly, quickly becoming a trusted, valued member of design teams. Key Projects & Results:
• Created detailed 3D models of multi-level, upscale condos/townhomes from sketches and blueprints using AutoCAD, VRay, 3D Max, polymodeling, and other tools/methodologies. Met demanding timelines and accommodated numerous, ongoing architectural changes to deliver models cited as instrumental to “green-lights” from investors on multimillion-dollar projects.
• Praised by PA developer for modeling/rendering work completed with speed and diligence under tight deadline that resulted in client winning a multimillion-dollar hotel/retail project.
• Worked effectively and collaboratively with multiple design teams and diverse personalities to complete complex design and model of retail shopping mall with add-on residential development on time, on budget, and with superior quality.
Working as a consultant.
DESIGN COLLECTIVE, INC. (DCI) — Baltimore, MD
Multidisciplinary architectural design firm ranked in the Top 100 nationwide by Architect Magazine
Associate-Architectural Illustrator, 9/07 to 8/09
Recruited as DCI’s only 3D artist. Created 3D models, interior/exterior architectural renderings, sun studies, and panoramic views for diverse commercial, residential, retail, educational, and urban developments. Acquired new clients for company through the development of marketing materials. Advised architects through pinups and design reviews/critiques to optimize designs, maximize client satisfaction, and control costs. Key Projects & Results:
• Produced 100% of computer-generated renderings for company whose total annual business averages over $20M. Produced all renderings for numerous major projects, earning prestigious awards such as:
• “Sustainable Buildings Public School
Award” for West Towson Elementary School.
• “Charter Award” by Congress for New Urbanism
for State Center TOD Master Plan.
• “Best New Project” ($2.5M to $5M) from ABC,
Baltimore Metro Chapter for Maple Lawn Retail
1 and 2 developments.
• Consistently commended for attention to detail; outstanding illustrative, modeling, and photo-realistic rendering skills; and advanced command of related technologies.
• Taught workshops educating employees on the use of architectural illustration, modeling, and rendering technologies, tools, and shortcuts to increase efficiency, improve presentation effectiveness, and elevate design quality.
• Improved company visibility and reputation for superior quality by creating website images, brochures, presentation boards, and other marketing collateral.
• Credited with enhancing company success as a result of greatly improved renderings. Leveraged high-level 3D rendering and lighting skills to visually communicate with key project stakeholders, eliminate areas of misunderstanding, and accelerate project completions.
L. ROBERT KIMBALL & ASSOCIATES — Pittsburgh, PA
$50M architectural/engineering firm ranked in the Top 200 design firms by Engineering News Record
Architectural Animator, 12/03 to 9/07
Created the means for architects to troubleshoot ideas and market/sell designs by generating: 3D modeling, animations, and panoramic views for institutional, commercial, educational, and civil projects; 3D and 2D feasibility studies; and PowerPoint presentations for procuring work. Worked collaboratively with project managers and teams to create unique products customized to the precise needs and specifications of each external client. Key Projects & Results:
• Produced all renderings for Pennsylvania State University’s Recreation Hall and
Student Fitness Center, earning the following awards:
• “2008 Citation of Excellence Award” from Learning by Design.
• “2007 Grand Prize Winner” at the College Planning and Management’s
Education Design Showcase (recognized for “Outstanding Architecture
and Design in Education”).
• Honored with the U.S. Tennis Association’s “2008 Outstanding Facility
Award” (private facilities) for rendering work completed on Ebensburg