- + Follow
Junior Designer at House Of Holland
London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
I am highly dedicated and passionate about my job role. My responsibilities have expanded greatly within my most recent job role. I initially started as an intern before becoming a member of staff, my skills in pattern cutting, sewing, designing and studio management have proved my flexibility in the use of multiple fields of expertise, and made me a key member of the design team. I am highly organized with a natural flare for colours, textures and design. I consider myself highly versatile with a practical knowledge of garment construction and design sensibilities. • Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Word & Excel. • Womenswear pattern cutting and sample machining skills. • Print design, development and creation. • Fabric Sourcing and Selecting. • Standardized design process. • Effective production efficiencies. • Sales/Trend analysis.
•Designing and developing jersey, premium jersey & t-shirt ranges for the past 6 collections. Including prints & placement slogans.
•General seasonal pattern cutting, sample machining (both toile form and runway samples).
•Producing CAD artwork for sales sheets, creating print artworks to be used across whole collection.
•Intern recruitment and management.
•Maintenance of all studio equipment, such as industrial irons & sewing machines.
•Created an organized and clear effective archival system for all patterns, fabrics, digital files and design work, all the while updating and overseeing it to a high standard.
•Assisting Senior designer in development and sample production of main catwalk collections, including regular contact with factories, creating spec packs and troubleshooting any issues.
•This role carries through to production, with updating spec packs, grading charts, costing’s and pattern maintenance all for garments selected for mass production.
•Creating bespoke garments for Henry Holland, Pixie Geldoff and Jessie J.
•Design projects (including product design) for BBC’s Designer Pudsey Collection, Coca Cola, Superga, Case Scenario, Asos & Red Cap.
•Worked with Founder, Joseph Nigoghossian, in conception and completion of SS12 collection to be exhibited during Fashion Week at Primitive Gallery.
•Primarily worked as a sample machinist but also worked in pattern cutting and general office assisting.
•Unpaid Internship with Fashion Label House Of Holland.
•Initially started as a pattern cutter before going doing some light design and illustration work.
•Various responsibilities included Pattern Cutting, Toiling, Attending Fittings, Amending patterns for sampling production and various organizational requirements.
•Running errands, including fabric sourcing and establishing relationships with suppliers with regular trips to offices and factories.
• Sample machinist for multiple sales garments.
• Unpaid Internship with Heritage based womenswear design company Minna.
• Worked closely with founder/designer, Minna Hepburn, in solo design projects as well as in creation and design of A/W11 Collection. Projects included designing and sampling a red carpet dress for Emma Watson.
• Various responsibilities included Pattern Cutting, Sampling, Designing, Creative Consultations and various organizational requirements.
•1 Week Work Experience on Set of Short Film titled MAX 6 by director Lee Ford. Worked with a Stylist (Emma Jayne Savill) in assisting the costuming of actors, continuity checking, various organisational requirements, upkeep of costumes and re-creating the key costume for stunt work.
• Unpaid Internship with menswear designer Tom Lipop for label Lipop London.
• Worked Directly with Tom in the creation and completion of Spring/Summer 2011 collection to be shown at London Fashion Week as part of Vauxhall Fashion Scout.
• Responsibilities included pattern cutting, toiling, sample machining and various organizational requirements.
• Internship with innovative Central Saint Martin’s Women’s-wear Designer MARTINA SPETLOVA.
• Worked closely with head designer in completion of Spring/Summer 2011 for the Vauxhall Fashion Scout Event.
• Various responsibilities included pattern cutting, toiling, sample sewing and design consultation.
• Freelance Design Project for KNOCK ON THE DOOR.
• An Ecological Conscious Company who’s sole aim is to give a platform for up and coming new designers with the possibility of showing at London Fashion Week.
• Brief was to design a Capsule Collection of 10 dresses using whatever theme/fabrics I thought best. Created Illustration Line Up and Spec Sheets both by hand and using computer assistance.
•Specialised in Women’s wear, occasionally working with men’s.
•Used personal skills to advice customers with styling.
•Worked in groups/ by myself to complete tasks
•Worked in stock replenishment.