- + Follow
Engineering Product Designer
London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
Currently a 3rd year undergraduate studying BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design at London South Bank University on a Year Placement at The Light Corporation. I am constantly looking for challenges that will drive me beyond my capabilities;where I can gain experience in a variety of engineering and design principles, to give me an insight of the design industry. I have a great passion for design and there is nothing better then being able to express thoughts, feelings and creativity through such a broad spectrum. Real Design has no limits - no restrictions. I hope my versatile work ethic, enthusiasm and determination will help me prosper in the industry.
Synergy - Final Major Project
Webcam Design - Oogle
- Developing commercial and special bespoke concepts + ideas into prototyped and working saleable products.
- Producing models, renders and manufacturing drawings using 3D modelling softwares; Solidworks + AutoCAD.
- Model making + experimental testing
- Research of new technologies + manufacturing methods
- Accurately preparing + updating the product database
- Development + Assembly of both special + bespoke products
- Operation of workshop machinery to customise existing + to create new components.
(Lathe work,drills,soldering etc)
Road Work and bridge reconstruction levelling| Trial Hold Sites| Produced drawing plans using AutoCAD | Worked alongside Architects and Engineers developing communication with clients | Customer satisfaction
Modules Include: - Design Engineering Thermofluids | Mechanics | Electrical Power | Electronics+Robotics | Case studies demonstrating incorporation of engineering principles - Design Thinking and Practice Design Methodologies | Brand Analysis and generation | Materials Experimentation | Production processes | Prototype design | Rapid prototyping | Computer-based production | Sustainable Design | Inclusive Design | Life cycle Analysis | Workshop Manufacturing - Design Communications and Computing Digital Visualisation and communications techniques; Rendering | Animation | Rapid Prototyping | Digital 3D Modelling | Graphics and Illustrations Written and Visual communication studies; Business letters | Analytical reports