Footwear Designer at; AIRWAIR Int. - Dr.Martens....
Continuing & evolving the Funck
I am passionate about footwear. The Footwear design and making course at De Montfort University BA(hons) gave me a deep knowledge and understanding of technical footwear specifications and traditional hand-making techniques. I built on this knowledge designing at the Loake Bros. Shoe Factory in Northamptonshire, where I was able to be involved in every stage of production. I have a deep love and respect for the footwear creation process and excel in combining classic, crafted footwear with technical performance. My motivation is assisting in the evolution of functional-fashion footwear design.
- Innovative free hand drawing and rendering skills,
PhotoShop, Illustrator, Tex Design, Excel, Word.
- Experience & knowledge of entire footwear making process (in-
factory) & broad knowledge of different footwear construction
techniques, Technical Development & QA (quality assurance).
- Complete understanding of (and ability to predict) trends.
- Experience of (& desire to) travel for work Internationally, inc
China, India, Italy, France, Germany & Full clean Driving Licence
- A positive person and easy to work with.
AirWair Int. - Dr.Martens
06/10 – 06/11
English Shoemakers specializing in handmade mens leather footwear –Designer
Duties at Loake included;
- Creating design directions/concepts & building men’s ranges
- Designing and developing from initial Last design and concept
through to finished shoe.
- Pattern Cutting, Clicking, QA, Working in UK factory & India
overseeing & working on every stage of production
02/09 - 05/10
Sports Lifestyle Brand (International) –
Accessories Designer (junior)
Duties at Puma included;
- Designing and developing collections of accessories sold
Internationally, seasons AW10, SS11, AW11.
- Working with buyers and designing SMU’s for specific
regions/countries, PR Launches and events.
- Sell-in-tool catalogues SS10 & AW10 photography, styling,
graphic design, layout etc.
- Assisting creative Director with design duties when required.
12/08 – 02/09 & 05/10 – 06/10
Yacht Boot Company Ltd - Sharx (Freelance Designer)
Created range of molded performance/casuals
All design + direction, Research, Development concept and samples, including development trip to factory in Guangdong, China.
11/08 – 12/08
AMC Design House UK (Assistant Designer - work experience)
Terra Plana, Paul & Joe, Firetrap and Kenzo. Working as design assistant to Design Director Asher Clark.
At DMU produced projects for companies including Fender, Office, Poste, Kickers, River Island etc.
REFERENCES Available on request
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
2005 – 2008 - De Montfort University: BA (Hons) Footwear Design/Making
Grade - 1st class
2001 – 2005
Highlands College (Jersey, C.I.)
-Art Foundation Degree
-AVCE Media Studies
1989 - 2001
De La Salle College (Jersey, C.I.)
Date of Birth: 22/01/85 – Place of Birth: Jersey, Channel Islands – Nationality: British