Multi-disciplinary designer with over a decade of experience in corporate identity, web, UI, print, advertising, tradeshow and mobile mediums. Art-directed and designed visuals for global and national brands from concept to final stage of production both independently and with a team. Skills include fluency in computer design programs and hands-on techniques (illustration and photography), project management, QA and supervision of designers
PC and Mac platforms, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, QuarkXpress, Acrobat, Word, Powerpoint, basic HTML and Dreamweaver.
Design, Illustration, Photography Conceptualize, sketch, and implement designs from initial to final stage in various media while keeping business and marketing objectives in mind. Pre-press production. Variety of illustration styles: realistic, tribal and iconic. Experience with art-directing photoshoots for clients, working with models, photographing events, lifestyle, still life, fashion and portraiture.
EDUCATION: Academy of Art College, SF, CA. BFA, Graphic Design
• Rooms, Inc. San Francisco, CA
Lead Graphic Designer: 2012-2013
Provided art direction and graphic design ranging from web, corporate identity, print collateral materials for the corporate and sub-brand from concept stage to final production. Projects included designs for the corporate identity, UI wireframes, web interface, Email/ Newsletter templates, advertisements, social marketing and traditional promotional items. Collaborated with executive and marketing teams to generate promotional marketing campaigns. Designed new media advertising spotlights for Nike and IKEA. Created and maintained image libraries. Researched and established vendor contacts. Illustrated concept interior room designs, themes and furniture pieces.
• Praetorian Group. San Francisco, CA
Lead Graphic Designer: 2011-2012
Provided art direction and graphic design ranging from web, corporate identity, print collateral and environmental materials for the corporate brand, numerous sub-brands and client partnerships from initial stage to final production. Art-directed/designed advertising campaigns and projects in collaboration with Sales, Marketing and Web Development teams. Projects included designs for websites, UI, wireframes, print ads, animated web banners, eblasts, tradeshow booth graphics, media kits, sellsheets, identity pieces and promotional items (patches, tshirts, speakers, etc). Notable clients: Dell, Cisco and Energizer. Designed video and photo product sections. Reorganized/maintained project archives and image libraries. Initiated and created design templates, styleguides and streamlined the process, cutting production time by 50%. Researched cost-saving media and established vendor contacts. Managed designers by delegating tasks, supervising workflow, providing art-direction and QA design/production.
• Ohai. San Francisco, CA.
Lead Graphic Designer/Marketing Consultant, Contract: 2010
Created, designed and illustrated marketing materials promoting the online game “Unicorn Parade” (from concept to development) in collaboration with various teams. Projects included corporate identity, website designs, UI frames, posters, t-shirt designs, newsletters and email templates.
• Bebo (formerly AOL). San Francisco, CA
Lead Graphic Designer (Solo): 2007-2009
Provided art direction, graphic design, and illustration ranging from corporate identity, web interface, UI, mobile, web skins, icons, widgets, print collateral, media kits, Flash storyboarding and online/print advertising campaigns. Art-directed, designed and implemented multi-million dollar ad campaigns in collaboration with Sales and Web development teams. Notable projects: Warner Bros, Nike, AZ Jeans, SXSW Music Festival and Skittles. Managed project workflow and QA web implementation with the development team. Created and maintained image libraries, established vendor contacts, and implemented corporate identity systems from initial to final production.
• Hi5 Networks. San Francisco, CA
Lead Graphic Designer, Freelance & Staff (Solo): 2005-2007
Provided graphic design and marketing direction of the company as a one-person department. Designed, developed, and implemented company features from initial to final production. Rebranded company objectives, identity and website towards a hip-hop demo. Art-directed/designed/developed print collateral (original design, photography, illustration), website interface, banners, interactive modules, apparel design, e-cards, icons and online advertising partnership campaigns with Sony Pictures, Capitol Records, T-Mobile and Jeep. Initiated and provided design/marketing direction and collaborated with the Engineering and Sales teams for design implementation. Created and maintained image libraries, established vendor contacts and curated office artwork.
• Maiden Lane (Gardner Geary Coll). San Francisco, CA
Graphic Designer, Freelance and Contract: 2004-2005
Designed branding extensions, print collateral and interactive materials for various clients in collaboration with various Art Directors and other Designers. Client projects: Fisher Price Playzone, S.F. Examiner Media Kit, AARP, Beringer Wine, Chevys and Morrison & Foerster Law.
• Immersiv Media. Marina Del Rey, CA
Graphic Designer/Illustrator, Freelance : 2004-2009
Created and designed artwork for various clients: Metropolitan Water District (identity, web interface, icons, and collateral), Lechuza Beach Conservancy (corporate identity), 34 East, and Podtalk.
Getty Images (Illustrator, 2009–Present), Bay Area Small Business Finance (Art Director/Designer, 2012), BNY Mellon (Illustrator, 2012), Playbling (Design/Illustration, 2012), MTV Networks (Photographer, 2011), Llewellyn Worldwide (Illustrator, 2011), Prolific Designs (Illustrator, 2011), Stockart.com (Illustrator, 2002–Present), ATE Consulting (Director/Designer, 2004–Present), EPolyStar (Designer, 2010), Metamoki (Designer/Illustrator, 2010), True Growth (Designer, 2010), Immersiv Media (Designer/Illustrator, 2004–2009), ISE Unlimited (Art Director/ Designer, 2000-2009), SF Health Department (Photographer, 2009), One-Off Customs (Illustrator, 2009), AGIS (Designer, 2006–2007), Maiden Lane (Designer, 2004–2005), LC Casino (Designer, 2004–2005), Teddy Bear Films (Designer/Illustrator, 2003–2005), Henna Garden (Designer, 1998–2000).
RECENT FINE ART EVENTS/PUBLICATIONS:
• "Paydirt" by UWA Publishing (Australia: 2012)
• "Stick or Treat" (Oregon: 2012)
• "Stick Em Up 3" (Florida: 2012)
• "Expo COLEX" 2012 (Brazil: 2012)
• "Art in Book" by Sendpoints Book Publishing (China: 2011)
• "Horrible Imaginings" Art/Film Show (10th Avenue Theatre and Arts Centre, San Diego, CA: 2011)
• "Spell-A-Day Almanac" by Llewellyn Worldwide Publishing (Woodbury, MN: 2011)
• Tomate de Arbol Magazine, Issue #7 (Argentina: 2011)
• 1,2,3 Oppla Sticker Show, True Love Gallery (Savona, Italy: 2011)
• Charity Art Silent Auction Benefit for St. Martha's Hall (St. Louis, MO: 2011)
• "Secrets in the Shadows", Trickster Salon (San Francisco, CA: 2011)
• Benefit for Japan Art Show (San Francisco, CA: 2011)
• 2011 Toronto Adhesive Arts Expo (Toronto, Canada: 2011)
• California Agriculture Journal, University of CA (Davis, CA: 2010)
• Free Art/Exhibition Cuxhaven (Germany: 2011, 2010)
• Project Exposure Magazine, Featured Interview (Manchester, NH: 2010)
• "Sharpie II" Show, Crewest Street Art Gallery (LA, CA: 2010)
• CAMFED Art Show Fundraiser, Space Gallery (San Francisco, CA: 2010)
• "Achieving Art" Charity Show for Battling Autism (Dublin, Ireland: 2010)
• The Crucible Holiday Gifty Arts/Crafts Fair (Oakland, CA: 2010)
• "Let Them Eat Cake" Group Art Show, Everybody Get Up Gallery (Alameda, CA: 2010)
• USF "Yearning to Breathe Free", Domestic Violence Awareness Art Show (San Francisco, CA: 2010)
• Tomate de Arbol Magazine, Issue #2-5 (Argentina: 2010)
• Ragad Art Exhibition (Balassagyarmat, Hungary: 2010)
• Street Art Without Borders (Brazil and Paris: 2010, 2011)
• Stick it All Expo (Bilbao, Spain: 2010) -Stick on Haring (Firenze, Italy: 2010)
• IYTI Art Event/Toys for Tots (New Orleans, LA: 2009-2011)
• Peterborough Young Carers Art Charity Exhibition (Peterborough, UK: 2009)