- + Follow
Simeon B. Hunt
Product Designer BSc (Hons)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Exeter, United Kingdom
An ambitious & highly determined recent product design graduate, with an extensive range of materials, manufacturing and CAD technical knowledge. Fascinated by advancements through new technologies and their potential applications within innovative product designs. Is a strong believer that form follows function. Aiming for a career within the design industries, with a passion for the use of CAD model making and CGI digital rendering.
Curve - OPUS International Design Award 2010 Winner
Nematest - Thread Worm Infection Detection Device
Magnolia - Speaker Design
Curriculum Vitae - Simeon B. Hunt BSc (Hons).
The University of Wales Institute, Cardiff - 2009-2012.
- BSc (Hons): Product Design (2:1).
Modules: The Effective Communication of Design, The Design Process and User Needs, Computer Aided Technical Design, I.T and Research Studies, Engineering Science for Product Designers, Electronics for Product Designers, Marketing and Conceptual Design, Interaction Design, Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Model Making (CAD-CAMM), Design for Manufacture, Design in Context, Mechanical Engineering Studies, Project Selection and Management, Business Management and Professional Practice, Advanced Design Option (ADO), 3rd year Major Project.
Ivybridge Community College - 2002-2009.
- A2 Levels: Design & Technology (C), Mathematics (C), Chemistry (D), Physics (D).
- AS Levels: Design & Technology (B), Mathematics (B), Chemistry (C), Physics (C), G. Studies (C).
- GCSEs: 2 (A)s, 8 (B)s and 1 (C).
- Concept generation and product development through the use of product analysis and testing, market research and literary research.
- Knowledge of material and manufacturing capabilities/limitations.
- Design for manufacture/assembly and also disposal.
- Competent in the use of CAD to create solid computerized models, as well as detailed engineering drawings.
- Rapid prototyping techniques with experience with powder printing.
- Graphical presentation skills using industry standard digital rendering packages.
- Creative packaging, brand identity and marketing skills.
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7: (Experienced).
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint): (Experienced).
- Siemens Solid Edge ST: (Experienced).
- 2D Design: (Experienced).
- Solid Works: (Basic).
- Autodesk Inventor: (Basic).
- Bunkspeed Products: (Experienced).
- Luxion Keyshot: (Experienced).
- Autodesk Showcase: (Experienced).
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator: (Intermediate).
- Corel Draw Suite: (Intermediate).
- Maxwell Render: (Basic).
- Self-taught Oxy-Acetylene welding and aluminium sand casting during GCSE/A2 level design and technology.
- Competent in the use of hand tools and CNC machines to create high quality facsimile models.
- Full & clean UK license.
- Winner of OPUS International Eyewear Design Award 2010 for the “Curve” eyewear concept.
- Featured on the School of Art and Design (UWIC) website for winning the OPUS award.
- Worked alongside Leema Electro Acoustics Limited and LTG during live projects.
- Designed, developed and sold product design concepts to Royal King, an International baby/child product-developing and manufacturing company.
- Awarded the award for outstanding excellence in Design and Technology (GCSEs).
- Completed sports leadership awards and multiple chess tournaments, including playing nationally, as a child/teenager.
Catering Assistant: National Trust - Greenway House - 2009-2011 (PT).
Worked within a cafe and restaurant environment. Increased confidence when speaking with the general public, and when assisting the elderly. Developed a larger reputation for being an honest, trustworthy employee, able to handle large sums of money. Developed calm, professional, verbal communication skills when dealing with an unhappy customer. Given a stronger role within the team to help maintain motivation when under intense pressure. Was invited to departmental meetings as well as entire team meetings to help aid the future of the property.
Catering Assistant: Pennywell Farm and Wildlife Centre - 2007-2009 (PT)
Worked in a high-pressure environment, preparing food and serving food and drinks to the general public. Maintained a professional reputation, working well within a team but also able to demonstrate initiative within the workplace. Was chosen to do PR work at venues, publicizing the company.
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- D&T Teaching Assistant: Volunteered free time within the sixth form years to encourage younger students to take up product design, seek enjoyment from the subject and become more practical within the workshops.
- Prom Organization: Organized the year 13 prom, set up the venue, finance, tickets, food selection and ensured the night went without a hitch.
- School Council Rep: Worked alongside students and staff to combat issues raised regarding the running of the school. Helped to forward ideas to improve facilities and procedures.
- Leisure: Recreationally play self-taught guitar. Casually plays sports such as football, snooker and tennis and consistently go to sporting events. Enjoys capturing the moment with a recent passion for photography, spending time in the countryside, visiting new places & finding detail with a macro setting.
- Science and Technology: Fascinated by innovation through technology. Enjoys researching material science and advanced electronics and their effect within product design. Wrote a manifesto on the future of biomaterials within second year. Third year advanced research project brief on the use and effect of inertia sensors within product design, with a focus on gyroscopes.
2:1 Product Design BSc (Hons) from the University of Wales Institute, Cardiff.