Resourceful business minded Fashion Designer with 14 years of experience. Known for innovative and trend setting collections, which produce top sales season after season.
Sonya K. Crowley
7 Agassiz Ave. #1 Belmont MA.02478
T: 323 578-2877 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Resourceful business minded Apparel Designer with 14 years of experience. Create and implement cost effective systems to streamline operations. Solid project management skills: effective combination of assuming multiple responsibilities and innovation to consistently meet objectives.
AREAS OF EXCELLENCE
• Trend Forecasting
• Line Development
• Color Direction
• Concept Boards
• Garment Construction
• Product Development
• Garment Sketching
• Fabric Direction
• Team Management
• Microsoft Office
Apparel Product Developer-Reebok International LTD, MA 2010-present
• Communicate closely with sales, merchandising, and vendors
• Design, sketch garments, and recolor artwork
• Price negations with vendors and factories
• Travel domestically to meet with vendors and factories
• Research and approve material and trims
• Conduct fit sessions for both men and women’s product
Design Director-Roadside Room, Spokane, WA 2008- 2010
• Lead the aesthetic execution of the product including: color, fabric, prints appliques, trim, and findings.
• Find new bands for licensed merchandise projects
• Adjust garments in preproduction fittings.
• Develop and oversee seasonal time action calendars. Analyze sales, establish budgets, and prepare financial reports.
• Hired, coached, and directed production and design teams.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS-I served vital role in the company’s expansions, by offering in demand product and applying optimal account relations. Accounts included Pearl Jam, Sound Garden, Anthill, and Sony Records.
President of Design- FP&L Inc. La Puente, CA 2002-2008
• Manage both Private label and branded Children’s, Men’s and Junior divisions. Directed, trained and recruited design and production staff.
• Developed and maintained annual operating budgets.
• Created and implemented cost effective systems to streamline operations.
• Provided innovative training programs for staff and customers on novelty dying, screen printing, and embellishments.
• Direct presentations for sales to communicate concepts and direction to Buyers.
• Analyzed sales reports and market research to develop garments, which target the client’s brand, price point, and business strategy.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS - Provided key contributions in overall direction of development, which resulted in company’s expansion from $0-30 annually million in three years.
Expanded company’s private label business: by offering exceptional service, innovative garments, and strong collaboration with sales and buyers.
Design Director-Chili/ Sun Fire Inc. Los Angeles, CA 1998-2002
• Managed the team of designers to efficiently conceptualize and develop trend driven Junior and Children’s apparel.
• Designed Girls Infant, toddler, Girls and junior private label knit and woven related sportswear.
• Sketched garments, pre production fittings, approved lab dips, print layouts, pattern repeats, embroideries, screens, and embellishments.
• Collaborated with trend and color services.
• Coordinated sales, production and design. Traveled overseas for line development and communicated with daily with offshore manufactures.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS- Built an outstanding relationship with sales, vendors and buyers resulting in a growth of sales by 60%.
Senior Dress Designer- Fritzi of California, San Francisco, CA 1997-1998
• Designed Junior and Children’s knit and woven dresses for market. Color and trend research to develop cohesive and appropriate garments.
• Created trend recaps for sales and marketing departments.
• Traveled domestically and overseas to shop trends, color, and attend fabric and print shows.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS- Promoted resulting from demonstrating quality work, design talent, and a quick reaction to new challenges.
The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising
Los Angeles, CA 1993-1994 AA Degree
Northeastern University, Boston MA 1990-1992