- + Follow
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Experienced in designing apparels that relate to the industry requirements and my illustration work is mainly fashion and lifestyle based and is created using a range of mixed media.
Check out my Portfolio for the various designs i have made through Internship, work and fun. Keep watching for more design updates.
Drop in a line to support me or give your valuable suggestions @
Visit my official website : http://www.suriyafashions.in
SURIYA DEVI (Fashion Designer)
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
EDUCATION: 2008 - 2010 Master in Textile Management (MBA) - Anna University - India Grade : First Class
2005 - 2008 Bachelor in Fashion Technology and Costume Designing (BSc,.) Grade: First Class / University topper and Gold Medalist
Short Term Course: 2011 | Fashion Jewelry Making INSET – An Indian Government Undertaking Training Institute, Puducherry, India.
SENIOR FASHION DESIGNER for three Brands:(July 09 - Present)
• CHAMP AT THE BIT (NY-USA)
• AND CONCEPTS (NY-USA)
• HARA TRADERS (Canada)
"CHAMP AT THE BIT" Brand--Equestrian Apparel
(NY-USA) Designing Unit: Py-India (www.champatthebit.com) Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the graphics and technical drawings with CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Analyzed and researched fashion trends.
• Obtained and reviewed samples of new textile products through attending trade shows or visiting manufacturers.
• Presented concepts to director and team.
• Database creation for the technical drawings of for Equestrian Clothing which includes Men's wear, Women’s wear, Kids wear, Breeches and other accessories like Brow bands and saddle pads.
• Communicated with product managers on a regular basis about spec, fabrics and details for all product categories.
• Helped with the research and development of key fabrics, prints and patterns with fabric team and Cad designers.
• Traveled to stores to shop for samples and creative inspiration.
"AND CONCEPTS" Brand--Home Finishing Goods
(NY-USA) Designing Unit: Py-India (www.andconcepts.com)
• Develop design bundles collaborating with ownership on a weekly basis presenting idea and progress.
"HARA TRADERS" Brand--Indian Fashion Store
(Canada) Designing Unit: Py-India (www.haratrends.com)
• Designer for Indian ethnic wear, Indian wedding saris, wedding bridal saris, evening wear,Kurthas,salwar kameez ,half saris .
• Designs are adorned with appliqué work, color thread embroideries, cut work, resham work, patches, ribbon work, sequins, beads, stones, laces, intricate hand embroidery,machine embroidery, crystals, zordozi work etc on raw materials/ fabrics like net, shimmer, shimmer georgette, shimmer net, pure silk, raw silk, brocade, jamawarm, crepe, georgette etc.
ASSOCIATE FASHION DESIGNER “LAHSHAS FASHIONS”(HONGKONG) Designing Unit: Madurai-India (May 08 - Jun 09)
• Collaboration for Men and Women knitwear’s as responsible for the graphics and technical drawings with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Database creation for the technical drawings of men knitwear and women knitwear collections ("Hollister"," Billa-bong","Aeropostal" & "Ralph Polo") men and women casual wear (“Quick Silver”).
• Interpret trends through design and development.
• Followed design ideas and trends that are suitable for accounts.
• Large use of CorelDraw software for the technical drawings.
TRAINING & PROJECTS:
• Anglo French Textile – PY –India – 1 month
Undergone an Inplant Training in Spinning, Weaving Preparatory, Weaving (Automatic &Projectile looms), Processing (Bleaching, Dyeing, Printing 7Finishing 0, Warehouse, Quality Assurance department and Garment section
• Sree Jai Garments) – Tirupur, India – 2 months
(Hosiery Manufacturer& Garment Exporter Undergone a training in all department of Garment Factory.
• S.K.L.Exports, Tirupur, India – 1 month
Undergone a TRANING in various sections
• Project in Fashion Photography under the department of Visual Communication.
• Teams main organizer - Mega Exhibition and participated in Portfolio Designing, India
• Prize-winning in State level “Fashionista ‘08” in Style ’N’ Sketch, India.
• Participated in Costume Designer Contest on the theme ‘Freaky Feathers’, India.
Awarded a certificate of appreciation by Government Of India Ministry of Human Resource Development (Department of Higher Education) on witnessing the Republic Day Parade 2009 from the prime minister’s box at Rajpath , New Delhi as a Guest of Hon’ble Prime minister of India for my excellent academic performance in the B.Sc Fashion Technology examination conducted by Bharathidasan University during the year 2007/2008 .
Other Activities & Achievements:
• NSS Volunteer for 5 years.(2003-2008)
• Was adjudged as the Best Outgoing Student During the period 2005- 2008.
Tamil (Mother Language) English (write and speak perfectly) and French (read and write)
Birth day : 18.11.1987
Gender : Female
Birth place : Pondicherry – India
Nationality : Indian
Passport : H4412403| 17-08-2019 | Chennai-IND
Hobbies : Fabric Painting, Making Handicrafts works, Listening to music and Gardening
Reference would be given upon request.
I certify the above details are true to my knowledge.
Yours Faith fully,
IIstituto Superiore di Design
MBA- Textile Management _Anna University