- + Follow
Freelance Industrial Designer
With the spirit of an inventor and the passion of an artist and innovator, I have taken on the challenge of earning my Industrial Design degree and succeeded. It is now time for me to take on a new challenge in the professional realm of design.
Indoor / Outdoor Furniture Design
Trail and Hiking Footwear
B.S. Industrial Design, Art Institute of Portland, Portland, OR 2012
B.S. Environmental Studies / Minor in Art, Linfield College, McMinnville, OR 2008
• Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Trained in CAD programs Rhino and SolidWorks
• Model making and prototyping
• Knowledge of workshop machinery: lathe, mill, table saw, laser cutter, band saw, etc.
• Experience in Airbrush, Acrylic paint, Chalk, India ink, Pencil, Photo editing, Marker,
• Excellent communicator and team player
• Experience in organizing presentations and selling ideas
• Passionate artist and designer
• One month college course of rainforest and tropical ecology in Ecuador
• Undergraduate course work in statistics, ecology, biology, writing, mathematics
• Certified SSI Recreational Diver
• Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
• Classic auto restoration
• Tennis player and snowboarder
• Grimm (TV show) Security Official ; Tac-One Security July 2013
- Provide security at the filming locations for the TV show Grimm
• Freelance Industrial Designer ; Voodoostx.com 2013
- Designed product displays, built products to make production easier,
and helped a start-up business become successful
• Intern ; Art Design Portland (ADX) 2012
- Workshop laborer and product design assistant
• Certified English Teacher; Prague, Czech Republic 2009
- Taught lexis, grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation
• Call Center Representative; Harry & David, Medford, OR 2008-2009
- Placed gift orders over the telephone with customers.
• Forest Fire Fighter; Eagle Pass Reforestation, Eagle Point, OR 2006
- Demonstrated effective teamwork, communication, and
critical thinking skills in hazardous situations.
• Fieldwork Volunteer, Yamhill Basin Council, McMinnville, OR 2005-2007
- Assisted field researchers
• Sales Representative; Vector Marketing, Medford, OR 2006
- Provided product and sales demonstrations.
• Apprentice; Kraftworks Auto Body, Medford, OR 2003-2007
- Classic Car restoration
Studying industrial design allowed me to better understand manufacturing, aesthetics, drawing/rendering, consumer trends, CAD software, organizing presentations, and so much more.
At Linfield I acquired a liberal arts education with coursework that includes: Writing, Psychology, Biology, Ecology, Economics, Policy, Mathematics, and much more. My focus was Environmental Science because of my passion for sustainability and natural sciences.