- + Follow
Illustrative Designer. Digital Artist.
Jess Gomez is an Illustrative Designer/Digital Artist currently based in Brooklyn, New York. In 2006, she received her degree from Savannah College of Art and Design. Her work is produced through a mixture of traditional and digital means.
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Sequential Art: Savannah College of Art and Design
Minor in Computer Art
Illustration, Graphic Design, Typography, Digital Painting, Penciling/Inking, Painting in a variety of traditional media, Life drawing, Sculpture, Pre-production/Conceptual Design, Web Design.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Quark Xpress, and Corel Painter X, Microsoft Works, FileMaker Pro, PC and Mac.
- Familiar with Macromedia Flash, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Macromedia Director, Adobe ImageReady, Alias Maya, and NewTek Lightwave.
Freelance Graphic Designer (2004 – Present)
- Slice Literary Magazine: Cover design, illustration
- Giovanni Bianco: Studio 65: Coporate identity for clientele, layouts
- Conscious Cuisine: Corporate branding, graphic design, package design, web design
- Rebecca Graves of R. Graves & Co.: Created graphic elements for murals throughout NY
- Save Your Vanity Co.: T-shirt design and business card design
- Mellow Mushroom: T-shirt design, posters, and advertisements
Giovanni Bianco: Studio 65
In-House Freelance Consultant (2007)
- Worked directly with Creative Coordinator in developing and designing concepts for a Boutique NYC graphic design studio
- Worked on branding for corporate identities, layout design and photo retouching.
- Became familiar with print preparation and production
- Clientele included Dsquared, D&G, Max Maria, Pepe Jeans, Missoni and Borbonese.
- Researched design concepts, created mock ups and created presentations for clients
Robin Rice Gallery: Assistant (2006-2007)
- Assistant at fine photography gallery
- Created database of photographers and prints using FileMaker Pro
- Managed promotional mailings and updated client contacts
Rebecca Graves of R. Graves & Co.: Assistant (2006-2007)
- Assistant at decorative painting and mural company
- Painted the skyscape ceiling at the Stuart Weitzman store in the Westchester Mall, NY. Created graphic elements used in murals
Available upon request
Savannah College of Art and Design