- + Follow
Veronica De La Rosa
Designer of architecture, installation art, products and user interfaces whose design methodology lies at the intersection of multidisciplinary approaches.
Veronica De La Rosa received her Master's in Architecture at the University of California Berkeley and received her BA in architecture at the University of Pennsylvania. Upon graduation she had the opportunity to work for AlchemyLabs, an industrial design firm, where she gained insight to design in different scales and media. Her major contributions were in Product Research, GUI design, Digital Rendering, and CAD Sculpting. In addition to ID work, she has collaborated with architects on projects and installations and regularly is a critic at undergraduate and graduate architectural reviews at the University of California Berkeley and California College of the Arts. Her most recent endeavour was in the field of web design where she was creative director and lead designer of a new creative social platform. SIDE NOTES: A lover of all things ugly. A rider of a long boards, surf boards, roller skates, and motorcycles. It's red or orange, but mostly black and gold.
Proficient in: Rhino, AutoCad, Maxwell, SketchUp, V-Ray, Hyper Shot, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adone Flash Catalyst, HTML, CSS, CAD/CAM
Facile in: Grasshopper, Maya, Revit, Vector Works, Alias
OURTEC LABS San Francisco CA // 2010- 2012
Creative Director & User Experience Architect, DoAnything.com
• Acted as creative lead for project concept development of a social network website.
• Provided user and market research and use case scenarios.
• Developed project requirements, user interface specifications, wireframes and technical documentation.
• Presented and demonstrated interface design to project teams, invested parties and potential investors.
• Created detailed mockups and prototypes for engineers to develop.
• Managed team of developers to execute on front-end development.
• Coded in ASP.NET and CSS to refine the look and function of beta site.
NILUS DESIGNS San Francisco CA // 2010-2011
Designer and Project Manager for W.E.T. Fort Mason Seat Exhibition.
• Developed design for outdoor chair exhibit.
• Created scaled study models with rapid prototyping.
• Fabricated installation using CNC milling.
• Managed team members for fabrication and on site installation.
Designer and 3D visualization for Hillside Residence remodel
• Developed designs for remodel primarily using 3D software.
• Created renderings for design study and client meetings.
FAULDERS STUDIO Berkeley CA // 2009-2010
Designer for BAMscape (Berkeley Art Museum installation)
• Developed schematic and design development drawings.
• Detailed constructed drawings to be used for fabrication.
• Aided in coordinating and executing the installation of the project.
Designer for Ames Spot: Acadia Conference installation
• Researched and implemented Ames Room geometric logic to project.
• Designed and created 3D files for CNC milling of room panels.
ALCHEMY LABS San Francisco CA // 2008-2010
• Assisted with graphic design and print media for design briefs and trend boards.
• Created visual assets using rendering software.
• Developed product concepts via sketching and 3d cad sculpting.
• Created packaging solutions that supported brand indentity.
User Experience Designer for Wacom
• Developed user flow wireframes and production ready mockups for digital pen software.
Sustainability and Architectural Consultant
• Consulted on the development of a new BIM Program.
• Researched new practices in digital sustainable tools.
• Wrote and designed whitepaper to be presented to client.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA Berkeley CA // Summer 2010/Spring 2012
Studio Lecturer for Course 100b
• Instructed students through various structured exercises with an emphasis on representation, model making, and digital processes.
CALIFORNIA COLLEGE OF THE ARTS San Francisco CA // Fall 2009
Computer Software Instructor
• Instructed graduates and undergraduates Grasshopper, Rhino, and Maxwell.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA Berkeley CA // 2007-2008
Graduate Student Computer Software Instructor & Studio Instructor
• Instructed 2nd year undergraduates AutoCad, Adobe Suite Products, Rhino, and Maxwell.
• Instructed 1st year graduates AutoCad, Adobe Suite Products, Rhino, and Maya.
• Presented lectures and conducted desk crits.
• Instructed 1st year undergraduates design studio.
• Regular critic at undergraduate and graduate architectural reviews at the University of California Berkeley and California College of the Arts.
University of California Berkeley, Masters in Architecture // 2008
University of Pennsylvania, Bachelors of Arts // 2003