Interactive Creative Director. Leading a team of designers and front-end developers creating high-end interactive lead-gen experiences that engage and convert. Pioneering and pushing new technologies (HTML5, CSS3, mobile/responsive design), but always keeping the user experience at the fore-front.
An eye for detail and quality in design, technical insight combined with creativity, enthusiasm, team spirit, and a good sense of humor.
Experienced and creative Interactive Creative Director focusing on lead-gen experiences, appplying data-driven approach combined with emotional design theories to create engagement and conversion. High-end creative designer with technical skills, has an eye for detail and quality, team spirit, relentless commitment to delivering world-class products, and a roaring passion for design.
Expert user of Adobe Suite CS5/CS6 products (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash).
Interactive Creative Director
EDMC 2010 – current
• Coaching a team of designers and front-end developers
• Lead designer
Manager Multilingual Web and Multimedia / Art Director
Acclaro 2008 – 2010
• Art Director for Acclaro Marketing
• Consultant, pre-sales and sales activities for multilingual web and multimedia
Associate Creative Director
Mullen 2007 – 2008
• Associate Creative Director for Mullen’s Interactive team
• Design and production of web sites, banners, Flash, landing pages, HTML emails
EDMC Online Higher Education 2005 – 2007;
• Art Director and Brand Manager for The Art Institute Online, South University Online Programs, Argosy University Online Programs, and The Miami International Art Institute.
• Branding/design and production of main marketing web sites, Flash demos, newsletters, HTML emails, and print marketing materials.
Senior Consultant eServices
The Abreon Group 2003 – 2005
• Lead Web and Flash designer for eServices Team
• Flash Actionscript programmer
eMedia Design Manager
SafeStone Technologies, Inc. 2001 - 2003
• Corporate branding
• Design, production and maintenance of SafeStone’s main web site and all marketing materials
Chief Web Editor
AltaVista, 1999 - 2000
• Project manager for the localization of the Dutch AltaVista Search site (http://nl.altavista.com/) and integration of local Dutch content
• Design of new pages, art work, banners etc.
• Multilingual web site consultancy for localization of the international AltaVista search sites into a broad range of languages
Web Team Manager/Multilingual Web Site Consultant
WordHouse localisation bv, 1995 - 2001
• Design of entire new corporate identity
• Consultant multilingual web site design (AltaVista, Microsoft, SUN, Identica, ISI Interact, Planet Access Networks)
• Manager of WordHouse Design Team
• Pre-Sales and Sales activities
Freelance web and Flash designer/programmer
Various freelance projects for Blattner Brunner, Mullen, Barkley REI, Pfizer, My Secure Advantage, CLC Technology, and Jennifer Openshaw.
1985 – 1992
Masters degree Literary Theory and Criticism, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Visit portfolio web site www.iduro.com for work samples or the portfolio pages at www.behance.net/aartbalk.