- Advanced experience and technical skill of architectural construction through document production, drafting, sketching, detailing, coordination and control
- Design development, programming & space planning / material and project research / specifications / budgets
- Experience in project management with documented excellence in client development and retention
- Expertise of commercial building and zoning codes, structures, and standards
- Construction administration & coordination
- Marketing and graphic design
- Experience with writing, reviewing and processing submittals
- Involvement and development of several successful RFP’s with national construction firms
- Proven experience with document control, identifying change and documenting changes
- Coordination and facilitation of design team, owners/owner rep’s and construction managers
- Coordinate and distribute of Request for Information’s (RFIs)
- Intensive research at state, local, and regional level
- Documented research, writing, and photographic abilities
- Extensive knowledge HABS Documentation process
- Completed historic structures inventory and National Register of Historic Places nominations
EXPERT COMPUTER SKILLS
AutoCAD, AutoCAD ADT, REVIT, VIZ, and 3D Studio Max / Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator / Dreamweaver / SketchUp / Adobe Acrobat / Microsoft Office
PGAL ARCHITECTS, LLC - LAS VEGAS, NV
GRADUATE [INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE] DESIGN INTERN MAY – AUG 2011
DESIGN INTERN [ INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE ] JUNE 2007 – MAR 2009 / AUG 2010
STUDENT [ INTERIOR ] DESIGN INTERN MAY – AUG 2006
Assisted design team in project on various commercial, health care, civic and institution project including space planning, finish selection, research, code compliance, coordination with contract documents and disciplines, construction and bid document production, marketing, presentation graphics, and construction administration.
USGBC NEVADA CHAPTER
GRAPHIC DESIGNER APRIL 2011 – MAY 2012
Coordination with LEED project managers for completed LEED projects in Nevada. Developed project profiles layout to simulate standards set by USGBC national chapter. Project profiles complement sustainable design strategies and outcome of LEED certified projects.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY – LAS VEGAS, NV
GRAPHIC DESIGNER MAR – MAY 2010
Designed press release package for grand opening reception of prototype LEED-certified affordable housing in Henderson, Nevada. Package included on-site advertising, educational and instructional materials for self guided tours of structure, and invitations.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
SPINDLETOP FARM AND HALL - LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY National Register Nomination of 6,000 acre, 1924 farm, outbuildings and residence to National Register of Historic Places, May 2012 - state approval (national approval pending). Co-author.
NATIONAL TRUST PRESERVATION GREEN LAB "GETTING TO 50" Survey of historic buildings in Lexington, Kentucky downtown corridor. Prepared for National Trust for Historic Preservation, February 2012. Co-author.
NORTH KENTUCKY HISTORIC ARTS TRAIL PROPOSAL Art trail proposal integrating six Northern Kentucky River cities. Prepared for Northern Kentucky Arts League and Vision 2012, December 2011. Co-author.
O’CONNOR’S GROCERY - LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY Documentation of existing condition of mixed-use historic structure for archive with National Park Service Historic Buildings Architectural Survey (HABS). Documentation included archival history, architectural documents, and photography, May 2012. Author.
OUR TOWN HARRODSBURG - HARRODSBURG, KENTUCKY Recommendations for streetscape reconstruction, adaptive reuse of buildings, design concepts and application of various planning strategies for tourism generation. Design charrette in cooperation with Main Street USA ‘Our Town’ Grant for reestablishment of Downtown Harrodsburg Kentucky, October 2011. Co-author.
DRY STACK STONE WALL CONSERVATION / PINE MOUNTAIN SETTLEMENT SCHOOL - KENTUCKY On-site preservation effort for restoration and preservation of endangered Kentucky Rock Fences. September 2010 and 2011. Field School.
MOUNT HOREB PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH - LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY Documentation of existing conditions of rural church. Prepared for Mount Horeb Presbyterian Church Fellowship. December 2011. Co-author.
‘NEW VOICES, CURRENT NEEDS’ HISTORIC PRESERVATION SYMPOSIUM Key planner, fundraiser and organizer for two-day symposium discussing future of historic preservation with a foundation in community, social and professional affiliations. Speakers included Thomas F King, Ned Kaufman, Stanley Lowe and Alicestyne Turley. March 1-2, 2012.