Dynamic and versatile artistic professional with solid success in directing and implementing a broad range of multi-faceted, revenue-generating design projects, from conception to launch. Superb 10-year track record in demanding, fast paced, creative environments. Readily translating business requirements into effective advertising campaigns. Partner cross-functionally to build consensus and ensure projects meet all milestones, deadlines, and budget requirements.
Art Director responsible for leveraging strategic vision, business acumen, and creative talent to deliver high-impact marketing, print/web-design and ecommerce projects.
AREA OF EMPHASIS
• Full Life Cycle Project Management
• Cutting-edge Graphic Design
• Web Usability Best Practices / UX
• Targeted E-mail Campaigns
• Newsletters / Brochures / Flyers
• Press Releases and Media Kits
• Mechanical Art / Print Production
• Style Sheets, HTML and CSS
• Cost Control / Budget Administration
• Staff, Vendor, and Media Relations
• Organized, Collaborative, and Detail-oriented
• Self-starter, Multi-tasker, and Team Player
• Photography, Video, and Motion Graphics
Leo A Daly, Atlanta, Georgia (2001 - Present)
Senior Graphic Designer/Senior Marketing Coordinator
− Providing creative vision and conceptual design for various print and presentation media projects (books, newsletters, brochures, posters, direct mailers, advertisements, invitations, eBlasts, PowerPoint presentations, display boards, tradeshow exhibits, banners, signage, video, and motion graphics) while meeting strict turnaround schedule and working within given creative parameters.
− Independently create inspirational design themes and graphics focused on B2B and B2C print marketing campaigns.
− Serving as brand manager ensuring compliance with and implementation of corporate standards.
− Coordinating with Managing Principal and Design Director on selection of print vendors,
professional photographers, papers, and various outside sources / purchases essential to
− Providing photography direction as well as serving as inhouse photographer coordinating all photography equipment and tools for marketing.
− Reviewing all production materials on key projects and provide signature authority; manage print production, color proofing and pre-flighting tools; lead operational, strategic, financial, bid review, staffing, and administrative functions.
− Managing development and production of Proposal Qualifications—coordinating sub-consultants, and working closely with Project Managers, Design Director and Managing Principal to assure compliance with Request for Proposals and Award Entries. Responsibilities include proposal writing, coordination, design and final quality control review.
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau (ACVB) (2012 - Present)
Freelance Marketing Graphic Designer (Off-site)
Collaborating with Creative Director in rebranding campaigns, developing design of ACVB creative and collateral materials as well as assisting with web, photography, and video editing.
Flexfinity Media, Atlanta, Georgia (2004-Present)
Freelance Art Director (Off-site)
Providing stellar design, delivering multi-faceted direct-to-consumer marketing collateral as well as developing website concepts with a focus on user experience (UX) and information architecture (IA) for design agency.
- Serves as Art Director, responsible for delivering inspirational designs for B2B and B2C web and print collateral: logos, business cards, letterheads, envelopes, brochures, pamphlets, fliers, newsletters, magazines, media kits, dynamic website design in support of web developer.
- Manage print production, color proofing and pre-flighting tools.
The Hauser Group, Savannah, Georgia (2001)
Graphic Design Intern
- Assisted Art Director and contributed to customer-facing marketing and creative design projects.
Scuba Diving Magazine, Savannah, Georgia (2000)
Graphic Design Intern
- Assisted Art Director and Production Manager with photo shoots / projects, press proofing, and 2D graphic design and illustrations for print magazine.
Bachelor of Fine Arts, magna cum laude - Graphic Design [1998-2001]
Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA
Master of Fine Arts - Interactive Design [currently pursuing]
Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta, GA
Environments: Mac OS X, Windows PC; CSS, HTML
Tools: Adobe Creative Suites (InDesign, QuarkXPress, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks,
Dreamweaver, Flash, Adobe Premiere, After Effects); Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
U.S. Army Engineer South Atlantic Division, Presented by the Division Commander,
Major General Todd T. Semonite - For Excellence
Commended for proactively facilitating brand-building community event through design of
marketing and print collateral for Savannah E-Week Technical Training Conference (2012)