"Alexia is a consummate team player whose enthusiasm for our group's initiatives is highly contagious. Working with Alemany Farm, her willingness to dive in and get dirty - combined with her naturally collaborative mindset - inspired those around her to do the same. Simply a pleasure to work with.” Ryan Duke, Chapter Head, Project H Design
Williams-Sonoma Inc., San Francisco, CA
Design Assistant Sept 2012 – present
Williams-Sonoma Inc., San Francisco, CA
Product Information Analyst Oct 2010 – Sept 2012
• Research marketable design features and technical specifications for Pottery Barn Kids Decorative Accessories and PBteen furniture and lighting products.
• Work with design team, merchants, and vendors to collect and ensure accuracy of product information on both marketing channels: Internet and Catalog.
• Write online product descriptions and QA test web content.
• Researcher and note taker at Holiday 2012 Toy Focus Group, kids age 0-8 years old.
• Sustainable Development Department’s Urban Rooftop Garden coordinator.
Alemany Farm, San Francisco, CA
Co-manager April 2007 – present
• Manage horticultural and volunteer activities; coordinate free farm stand for low-income residents.
• Attend community meetings to design a master plan with residents and city officials for Alemany Farm.
Project H Design, San Francisco Chapter, CA
Product Designer April 2009 – June 2011
• Designed plant signage and a rotating compost bin to improve the sustainability and educational outreach at Alemany Farm.
• Designed games for Project H's Learning Landscape: a playground for learning that teaches core subjects, social skills, and leadership through game play, physical activity, and outdoor fun.
Industrial Design Outreach (iDo), San Francisco, CA
Student Director/High School Mentor Aug 2008 – July 2010
• Used leadership, project management, and communication skills to manage 40 university students.
• Designed creative learning experiences for High School students.
• Fostered creative thinking and problem solving skills through project based learning.
E Bella Designs, Boulder, CO
Office Assistant/Sales Oct 2004 – Sep 2005
• An independently owned textiles business where I needed to wear many hats.
• Assisted in the day to day running of retail and wholesale business and store merchandising.
• Handled business books using Quickbooks.
• Quickly moved into a sales role for high end customers and interior designers.
Language School, Barcelona, Spain
English Teacher April 2002 – 2004
• Taught English to Spanish children through song, dance, and theater.
• Planned creative learning lessons and projects.
Decorative Painter, London, UK
Freelancer Aug 1998 – Dec 2001
• Used textile arts training to create faux painting techniques: stone blocking, weaving, marbling, wood graining.
• Hand painted and stenciled whimsical scenes in nurseries and sky ceilings, modern stripes in urban homes.
• Hand applied gold and silver leaf gilding to moldings and furniture pieces in high end residential dwellings.
San Francisco State University San Francisco, CA
Bachelor of Science, Industrial Design May, 2010
GPA: 3.68/4.00, Dean’s list four semesters
Chelsea College of Art & Design London, England
Diploma in Textile Design
• Ideation Sketching & Visual Notation (CCA Extension)
• Laser Cutting & Etching (TechShop)
• Basic Sewing (TechShop)
• Hand Sketching, Adobe Illustrator, AutoCAD, Graphite Vellum, Solidworks, Mock Ups, Prototyping, Sewing, Laser Cutting & Engraving, CNC Router, Microsoft Office, Excel, Spanish, Excel, Microsoft Office.
• Urban farming, travel, flea markets, food markets, design
Awards and Recognitions
• 1st Quarter Outstanding Achievement award winner, 2012
• Catch the Spirit Award Nominee, 2012
• Featured in Williams-Sonoma Corporate Responsibility Report, People Who Make A Difference, 2012
• Achievement Award for special recognition as Department Honoree, 2009-2010
• Department of Design & Industry’s Industrial and Technology Education Scholarship, 2010
• Community Service Learning Outstanding Student Award, 2009