- + Follow
textile/surface print artist & cad designer, graphic designe...
New York, NY
New York, NY
aly english-murray is a textile/surface print artist & cad designer, graphic designer living, laughing and working in new york city.
WOMEN'S SWIMWEAR; TEXTILE/CAD
PAISLEY GARDEN; TEXTILE
QUALIFICATIONS: print design, cad/flat sketching, colorways, color reduction, apparel, accessories, art direction, illustration, communication
aly english-murray is a print & cad designer with a keen eye for design, color palettes & trend. her strengths include creating original prints (repeat & placement) and flats, and cleaning & reduction of existing prints.
SKILLS: illustrator, photoshop, indesign, creative suite, microsoft excel, pc, mac
independent textile print artist & cad designer; clients in: fashion apparel & accessories; 2011 - present
* develop fun & witty prints for fashion apparel & accessories; repeats & placement.
* perform color reduction on existing prints to limit colors used in production.
* create and maintain cad flat sketches for pitching collections and cad boards.
* recolor and produce colorways.
independent graphic designer, clients in: fashion apparel &accessories; 2010 - present
* create print design for apparel & accessories brands; collateral, fashion accessories, visual merchandising; typography and illustration.
* liaise with creative directors and other designers to ensure consistent brand message.
* collaborate with art directors, copywriters, and production managers to produce artwork according to design specifications.
production designer, universal music group; 2005 - 2010
* laid out collateral, packaging, typography for label partners &retailers.
* re-launched major archival project with art assets going back 15+ years.
* increased retrieval of workable art files by 3x since takingover project.
interior designer, tdp design center; 2004 - 2005
* used cad to build floorplan designs for kitchens, bathrooms,and other spaces.
* sourced materials using product knowledge.
fashion institute of technology, professional studies certificate in computer essentials for fashion design; 2014
baruch college, bachelor of arts in graphic design; 2005
fashion institute of technology
professional studies certificate, computer essentials for fashion design
bachelor of arts, graphic design