- + Follow
textile/surface print artist & cad designer, graphic designe...
New York, NY
aly english-murray is a textile/surface print artist & cad designer, graphic designer living, laughing and working in new york city.
WOMEN'S SWIMWEAR; TEXTILE/CAD
PAISLEY GARDEN; TEXTILE
NAKED SPORTSWEAR; ACTIVEWEAR; TEXTILE
QUALIFICATIONS: print design, surface patterns, cad, flat sketching, colorways, palettes, color reduction, color
matching, apparel, accessories, graphic design, art direction, typography, illustration, logo design, proofing,
communication, social media
aly english-murray is a print & cad artist and graphic designer with a keen eye for design & trends, color &
print. her strengths include creating original prints and flats, and cleaning & reduction of existing prints.
SKILLS: illustrator, photoshop, indesign, creative suite, microsoft excel, pc, mac
vividly featured artist, vividly 2013
independent textile & surface print artist & cad designer; clients in:fashion apparel & accessories; 2011 - present
* develop fun & witty prints for clients including body bysimone, torvu, bodyrock sport; fashion apparel & accessories.
* perform color reduction on existing prints to limit colors used in production.
* create and maintain cad flat sketches for pitching collections and cad boards.
* design companion/motif prints, repeat & placement patterns.
* recolor and produce colorways.
independent graphic designer, clients in: fashion apparel &accessories; 2010 - present
* create print design for clients including kate spade, c.wonder; fashion accessories, visual merchandising, marketing collateral, packaging; typography and illustration.
* liaise with creative directors and other designers to ensure consistent brand message.
* collaborate with art directors, copywriters, and production managers to produce artwork according to design specifications.
production designer, universal music group; 2005 - 2010
* laid out collateral, packaging, typography for label partners &retailers.
* re-launched major archival project with art assets going back15+ years.
* increased retrieval of workable art files by 3x since takingover project.
interior designer, tdp design center; 2004 - 2005
* used cad to build floorplan designs for kitchens, bathrooms,and other spaces.
* sourced materials using product knowledge.
fashion institute of technology, professional studies certificate in computer essentials for fashion design; 2014 (expected)
baruch college, bachelor of arts in graphic design; 2005
fashion institute of technology
professional studies certificate, computer essentials for fashion design
bachelor of arts, graphic design
• vividly — a community for fashion-forward, custom-designed apparel — introduces featured artists for the launch of their e-commerce shop.