- + Follow
Creative product designer with 7 years of industry experienc...
London, United Kingdom
• Possessing a diversified product development background, including furniture, lighting, upholstery, packaging, exhibition booth and print design.
• Knowledge of a diversified array of communication and modelling tools such as SolidWorks, 3D Studio Max and the Adobe Pack, delivering efficient and well presented working documents for colleagues, suppliers and customers.
• Delivering product development within tight deadlines, while cordially coordinating tasks and duties with managers, colleagues, suppliers and sellers.
• Being able to properly select materials and manufacturing processes for product production providing comprehensive technical work sheets either for mass or bespoke production.
• Possessing a multi-cultural and open-minded background embracing creative judgment and constant learning evolution.
Dolce & Gabanna Perfume Bottle Propossal
Product Designer for
- Induflex - Upholstery and Furniture
- Sep 2008 - Jul 2013 (4 years 10 months)
Developing upholstery products and furniture for the home and contract market.
•Creation of over 30 signature products that caught the attention of industry professionals and clients in international tradeshows. Product development included sketching, wood structure layout, foam and coatings selection, outsourcing with external suppliers if necessary and creation of comprehensive technical sheets for mass production.
•Follow up of over 100 bespoke projects according to client specific needs.
•Responsible for organizing several major international tradeshows (Milan, Brussels, Paris and New York). Key responsibilities included the development of new products, exhibition booth concept and design, space layout, choice of coverings and finishes, supervise photography and marketing tools.
•Responsible for structuring and organizing all the information needed for budget offers for contract projects. Depending on the project these presentations could include space layouts, coverings, upholsteries, furniture, lighting and decor elements proposals.
•Supervising the company corporate image, this task included creating or directing the execution of catalogues, newsletters and flyers, overseeing photo shoots, as well as site maintenance.
- Vale dos Amores Farm
- Aug 2008 - Aug 2012 (4 years)
Providing assistance and support in the rental of the Vale dos Amores cottage.
•Creation of all client informative documents (guide book, visit card, brochure, flyer, website).
•Client enquiries follow up, keeping payments and security deposits up to date.
•Welcoming clients upon arrival, providing them with up to date information about what to do, where to go, where to shop.
•Scheduling proper cleaning and maintenance of the property.
•Overall rental of 10/12 weeks per year with 5 stars reviews from guests.
- Professional Training Schools and Minho University
- Aug 2008 - Dec 2010 (2 years 4 months)
Administrating AfterEffects, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop classes for adult students with different professional backgrounds.
•Elaborating comprehensive tutorial documents for student follow-up.
•Preparing and organizing classes with practical exercises and examples, based on real world scenarios.
Freelance Product Designer for
- Paulo Coelho Lighting Design
- Dec 2007 - Mar 2008 (3 months)
Elaborating proposals for the renewal of the company product portfolio.
•Presentation of new lighting design concepts.
•Presentation of exhibition booths proposals.
•Elaboration of communication tools: invitations, flyers, visit cards.
Intern Packaging Designer for
- Ateliers Dinand
- Oct 2004 - Feb 2005 (4 months)
Creating perfume bottle packaging for Jean Patou, Parasuco, Lacoste, Vera Wang, Andy Rodick, Dolce & Gabanna, Théo Fannel, Carlos Santana, Mathew Williamson.
•Delivering and designing beauty products real scale mock ups for client presentation.
•Gathering information on presentation boards for product description and marketing accessing.
•Photographing final presentation mock ups for client assessment.
•Sketching and rendering proposals prior mock up beginning.
Bolton University – United Kingdom.
- Postgraduate Diploma Computer Aided product Design
- 2007 - 2008
Escola Superior de Artes e Design (ESAD) – Portugal.
- Master Degree Product Design
- 2000 - 2004
École National Supérieur de Création Industriel (ENSCI) – France.
- Internship Product Design
- 2004 - 2004
Light Objects Design competition (Runner up Prize)