- + Follow
Los Angeles, CA
I am a knitwear junkie, skulking about LA and getting into trouble....
beau and marigold
Knitwear apparel Designer
Creative professional with 13 years design experience successfully building and running three international lifestyle knitwear brands in 457 retail locations. Out of the box thinker, with a passion for beautifully constructed and well crafted apparel.
EXPERIENCE AND ACHIEVEMENTS
BEAU & MARIGOLD, LLC, Portland, Oregon/ Los Angeles, CA • 2009-Present
A line of hand crafted luxury knitwear. Made locally, specializing in classic pieces with a unique twist.
• Developed and designed a line of seasonal hand knits, with continual integration of new bodies so as to offer instant trend appeal and a current color selection.
• Sourced all yarns and trims.
• Developed relationships with local yarn vendors.
• Managed contract knitters.
• Oversaw marketing team.
• Creative director of branding materials, including logos and online boutique.
LILY MCNEAL, LLC, Los Angeles, California • 1999-2009
A designer and distributor of women’s knitwear apparel to 547+ retailers in N.A., Europe, Asia, and Australia.
Co-Founder / Designer/ Creative Director
Built company into 3 worldwide brands, encompassing Lily McNeal, Little McNeal, and Dear Pruitt.
• Developed and designed 240 silhouettes yearly for 3 brands, providing new ideas and sketches with strong integration of seasonal concepts, merchandising line plans and current business needs for the brands.
• Oversaw tech packet flow and follow through with all details for accurate production execution.
• Sourced all yarn. Attended the Pitti Filati yarn show annually and developed relationships with key yarn suppliers.
• Ran all fittings from proto samples through pp samples.
• Traveled to Europe and Scandinavia for inspiration so as to provide cutting edge trend research and color forecasting.
• Served as creative director for all marketing and branding materials including logos, line sheets, and look books.
• Managed design development and marketing teams.
• Designed knitwear that resulted in a line of products that established Lily McNeal as a trend setting brand carried to 547+ retailers in N.A., Europe, Asia, and Australia.
• Created brands that became a go-to source for fashionable knitwear among top stylists, celebrities, and fashion magazines such as Vogue, In Style, Lucky, Elle, etc.
UDI Interior Design School, certificate program
SDSU, BA in Drama
Created brands that became a go-to source for fashionable knitwear among top stylists, celebrities, and top fashion magazines