- + Follow
Graphic Designer | Web Producer | Webmaster
I’m a Graphic Designer | Web Producer | Webmaster. I love to plan, to organize, and to design. I'm seeking an entry level User Experience Design position - however I'm not stuck on titles. I'm open to anything that will allow me to plan, organize, and design! I hope you enjoy looking through my portfolio! STRENGTHS: Graphic Design, Marketing, WordPress, HTML, CSS, Information Architecture and User Experience. CURRENTLY WORKING ON: www.angelnelson.biz/sweetpotatoes + www.mdconnectmylife.org/redesign CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
ICHAD 2012 Promotional Materials
Chesapeake Bay Flavor Advertising Rates Card
State of Maryland DHR Website
I joined the Communications Office of the State of Maryland Department of Human Resources (DHR) as they were converting their public internet and private intranet websites to WordPress. I transitioned into a role where I developed and managed the online presences of all of the human service agencies in the State of Maryland.
Public Websites: dhr.maryland.gov, news.dhr.maryland.gov, training.dhr.maryland.gov, mdconnectmylife.org. Private internet websites are not included in this list.
(1) Creating, editing, and/or maintaining website text, graphics, stylesheets, documents, spreadsheets, presentations, videos and intended user experiences of all DHR webpages and websites.
(2) Recommending & implementing technical tools, software, and upgrades to DHR Communications staff.
(3) Collaborating with vendors, contractors, and DHR offices on technical and communications projects.
(4) Creating forms and other information-gathering tools to support the offices of DHR in their projects.
(5) Training and supporting employees, vendors, and contractors with administrative access to DHR websites.
(6) Keeping track of changes that have been implemented on all DHR websites. Reverting websites, if needed.
(7) Monitoring website traffic via StatCounter and Google Analytics.
Since 2007, I’ve been helping businesses develop their print and web promotional efforts and their websites. Select clients below:
• Jacob’s Ride, www.jacobsride.com
Jacob’s Ride is a non-profit that raises awareness about cochlear implants. I contributed to the project by developing, designing, and maintaining their website, press room, blog, and social media presences.
• ICHAD 2012 Conference, ichad.com
I developed the promotional materials for the first annual ICHAD 2012 Conference in Baltimore, Maryland. This conference was produced by Johns Hopkins University’s Bloomberg School of Public Health.
• Uganda Empowers, ugandaempowers.org, cafepress.com/ugandaempowers
Uganda Empowers is a non-profit organization that educates the village communities in the Lwengo district of Uganda about HIV and AIDS. Uganda Empowers also provides counseling and financial assistance to those living with HIV and AIDS. At Uganda Empowers’ inception, I created its name, logo, and visual identity. Currently I maintain Uganda Empowers’ blog, online shop, and social media presences.
Students awarded Graduate Assistantships have the opportunity of working within multiple departments. I’ve worked for the Technology Help Desk as a Web Designer and Switchboard Operator and with Study Abroad as a Graphic Designer. As a Web Designer, I’ve used HTML, CSS, and jQuery to edit Philadelphia University’s website (philau.edu/oir) using Cascade Server. As a Switchboard Operator, I’ve handled both technological and non-technical requests from clients. As a Graphic Designer, I’ve drafted promotional fliers, brochures, and posters.
I have designed, edited, and printed promotional materials for The Capital Newspaper & the Maryland Gazette. Promotional materials include newspaper advertisements, inserts, direct mailers (letters and postcards), fliers, rack cards, posters, signs and web advertisements.