- + Follow
Webmaster | UX Designer | Information Architect
• Roles I'm seeking - Graphic Designer | UX Designer & Architect | Webmaster • Resume - http://www.angelnelson.biz/Angel-Nelson-Resume-forweb.pdf • Portfolio - www.coroflot.com/angelnelson • Location: Duluth, GA. Open to relocating and freelance/remote opportunities.
ICHAD 2012 Promotional Materials
Chesapeake Bay Flavor Advertising Rates Card
State of Maryland DHR Website
I worked collaboratively with UX Leads, Designers, Architects, and Writers to create responsive websites and mobile applications. Day to day activities ranged from researching the business case, creating user stories and personas, drafting low and high fidelity wireframes, designing comps, and testing prototypes with users.
Tools & Skills: Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Storyboarding, Wireframes, Usability Testing.
Highlight: I traveled to Chicago from Atlanta to test the viability of a State Farm Innovations project. While in Chicago I researched the core subject-matter, interviewed subject-matter experts and potential consumers about their needs and wants, and observed how users interacted with a conceptual prototype.
I worked with Optima Health's web team to manage the visual design and the user experience of optimahealth.com and its sub-sites and portals. I also assisted with digital marketing efforts, such as managing social media accounts, drafting e-newsletters, and employing SEO strategies.
Tools: SharePoint, Adobe Creative Cloud, HTML, CSS, and jQuery.
Website: www.optimahealth.com and its sub-sites and portals.
I joined the Department of Human Resources (DHR) as they were converting their public internet and private intranet websites to WordPress. I transitioned into a role where I developed and managed all 24 human service agency websites in Maryland. Other websites that I managed include DHR's employee training portal, its public news site, its intranet portal, and its website for Maryland Foster Children.
Tools & Skills: WordPress, HTML, CSS, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Cloud, Social Media, MachForm
Websites: dhr.maryland.gov, news.dhr.maryland.gov, training.dhr.maryland.gov, and DHR intranet sites.
Highlight: Quickly grew into a managerial role. Primary tasks included:
(1) Creating, editing, and/or maintaining website text, graphics, style sheets, documents, spreadsheets, presentations, videos and intended user experiences of all DHR web pages and websites.
(2) Recommending & implementing technical tools, software, and upgrades to DHR Communications staff.
(3) Collaborating with vendors, contractors, and DHR offices on technical and communications projects.
(4) Creating forms and other information-gathering tools to support the offices of DHR in their projects.
I have designed, edited, and printed promotional materials for The Capital Newspaper & the Maryland Gazette. Promotional materials include newspaper advertisements, inserts, direct mailers (letters and postcards), fliers, rack cards, posters, signs and web advertisements.
Tools & Skills: Adobe Creative Suite, Advertising & Branding