- + Follow
Webmaster | UX Designer | Information Architect
• Roles I'm seeking - Webmaster | UX Designer & Architect | Graphic Designer • Resume - http://www.angelnelson.biz/Angel-Nelson-Resume-forweb.pdf • Portfolio - www.coroflot.com/angelnelson • Located in Atlanta but ONLY seeking short term roles in the Duluth area OR roles that are out of state (outside of Georgia). Open to remote opportunities as well. Able to relocate in 3 weeks.
ICHAD 2012 Promotional Materials
Chesapeake Bay Flavor Advertising Rates Card
State of Maryland DHR Website
I worked collaboratively with UX Leads, Designers, Writers, and Architects to create responsive websites and mobile applications. From day to day, my activities included creating user stories and personas, drafting low fidelity and high fidelity annotated wireframes, designing comps, and performing usability tests.
Tools: Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure
I worked with Optima Health's web team to manage the visual design and the user experience of optimahealth.com and its sub-sites and portals. I also assisted with digital marketing efforts, such as managing social media accounts, drafting e-newsletters, and employing SEO strategies.
Tools: SharePoint, Adobe Creative Cloud, HTML, CSS, and jQuery.
Website: www.optimahealth.com and its sub-sites and portals.
I joined the Department of Human Resources (DHR) as they were converting their public internet and private intranet websites to WordPress. I transitioned into a role where I developed and managed all 24 human service agency websites in Maryland. Other websites that I managed included DHR's employee training portal, its public news site, its intranet portal, and its website for Maryland Foster Children.
Public Websites: dhr.maryland.gov, news.dhr.maryland.gov, training.dhr.maryland.gov, mdconnectmylife.org and DHR intranet sites.
(1) Creating, editing, and/or maintaining website text, graphics, stylesheets, documents, spreadsheets, presentations, videos and intended user experiences of all DHR webpages and websites.
(2) Recommending & implementing technical tools, software, and upgrades to DHR Communications staff.
(3) Collaborating with vendors, contractors, and DHR offices on technical and communications projects.
(4) Creating forms and other information-gathering tools to support the offices of DHR in their projects.
I have designed, edited, and printed promotional materials for The Capital Newspaper & the Maryland Gazette. Promotional materials include newspaper advertisements, inserts, direct mailers (letters and postcards), fliers, rack cards, posters, signs and web advertisements.
Tools: Adobe Creative Suite